Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    Jul 26, 2012 @ 21:23
    Corey Sherman

Upgrading from Contour 1.1.7 to 1.1.9 (or newer)

I need to upgrade the contour on a long standing website to gain functionality to use member.loginname and member.email as prevalues for fields in an authorization form. I am not finding any supporting documentation for upgrading, and I want to be sure I'm not going to do any damage to the forms, entries, or workflow functionality. Any advice? 

Jul 27, 2012 @ 16:53
    Corey Sherman

Any suggestions on this?

• Niels Kristiansen 166 posts 382 karma points
    Jul 29, 2012 @ 23:56
    Niels Kristiansen

Hi Corey,

Don't be affraid to upgrade, from 1.1.7 - 1.1.9 - there is no problems here. Please do a manual upgrade just to be sure that you have full control on the upgrade (and make backup of all the files you replace).

You can find the Contour manual package here: http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/Archive/1.1.9/

Be aware of some issues there can be with the info you set in the prevalues. If the customer is not logged in, the code in the input field will look like this {member.property}. Not very smart.

Kind regards,

Niels Kristiansen

Jul 30, 2012 @ 17:55
    Corey Sherman

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.  I didn't know there was a manual install of contour, which was the biggest reason I was worried about installing 1.1.9.  I have done the manual install by just copying over the files (after backing up, of course) and everything is working perfectly!

The form in question that I need the member properties is only accessible by members of the site, so we're good on getting odd prevalues.  Thanks for the heads up though, I'll be sure to remember that!

Thanks,
    Corey 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft