Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Ellicott 45 posts 104 karma points
    Sep 05, 2012 @ 16:14
    Alan Ellicott

No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing

I can't find satisfactory answer for this problem even though mentioned a few times in forum.

I installed and used Contour for first time today and I was really delighted with results. My form worked wonderfully on web site thru Webmatrix as localhost.

However when I copy it to the externally hosted server, two things happen

1. The form does not display properly (only first field and content below is disrupted
    2. The content window where the macr was inserted now shows "No macro Content available for WYSIWYG editing". Even if I re-insert the Contour form macro when I publish the page, something gets rid of all the html between <!--startUmbMacro and the end tag.

I have a deadline and am desparate to solve this as I am having to show the client previews which are not real.

Below are a couple of screen shots (note this is not just an editor issue - browser renders only part of form on hosted site.

This is on the hosted site. I changed nothing.

Many thanks for your help if you can.

Alan Ellicott

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    Sep 05, 2012 @ 16:20
    Drew

When you first insert a macro into a page (before you safe it) you will get the placeholder, which tells you "No macro content available for WYSIWYG" editing.

With some macros, if you go back into the page to edit it, you'll see some *preview* content from the macro itself.

Additionally, have a look on the "insert contour form" macro definition, and see if *both* the "Use in content editor" and the "Render in content editor" options are checked.
    If the "Render in content editor" option is not checked, then you will not see a preview of the macro contents.

Cheers,
    Drew 

Sep 05, 2012 @ 16:31
    Alan Ellicott

Many thanks for prompt reply Drew but this is definitely one of those strange issues that causes it to work in one environment but not another. The settings for "use in" and "render in" are both checked.

The site (and the Contour forms) work fine on my local machine but if I upload to the hosting service, the form only displays the first field and if I go into the back office and check out the content for the page, the macro stuff has disappeared (being replaced by the "no macro content....." message) without me doing anything. 

Alan Ellicott

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Sep 06, 2012 @ 11:23
    Douglas Robar
    Hi, Alan,
    I've not seen that problem myself.
    I wonder, does the same happen with all macros? If so it sounds like your live install isn't entirely kosher. 
    Or do you have not problem with xslt and razor macros in the RTE, but you do have problems with .net macros (such as contour) only? If so, do you have a
    tag in your templates? Not that that should effect TinyMCE but one never knows.
    BTW, what version of Umbraco are you running?
    Another question... how are you transferring to the external site? Is it possible that you don't have an exact copy of the database and all files? Is it possible there are file permission differences between the sites so that some file/folder can't be read or written to properly?
    cheers,
    doug. 
    Sep 06, 2012 @ 11:55
    Alan Ellicott

Doug,

Thanks for responding.

I don't have any other macros in content RTEs so don't know - all I know is that everything works at local level and not on hosting site. I have my own .net macros in templates and these work absolutely fine.

I am using Umbraco 4.6.1 (yes I know I shouldn't :-) ) but I am a bit scared to update a live and (was) working site to new version. Is there a link to show me how easy it is? As it does work locally, I am inclined to think it is an environment issue but ...............

I am transferring to the external site via a complete copy using Filezilla. Even the database links in web.config are the same as I am using external database on hosting. I get no failed transfers.

The title of this thread may be misleading. The fact that the macro doesn't render (or is not allowed to render) in the RTE may just be a symptom. The real problem is that when you go to the form on hosted site, it only shows the first field of about 20. All work prerfectly at local level. 

I really have got problems here - this site goes live on Monday and I really didn't want to write my own user control when Contour did such a good job locally. In fact before I tried it on the hosting site I bought a new Contour licence and am now regretting doing so.  

Beginning to worry!

Sep 07, 2012 @ 01:52
    Alan Ellicott

I have now spent most of the day trying to pin this down by logic but I am getting nowhere.

I thought I'd try some fresh installs so I did the following - bearing in mind that I have a couple of umbraco 4.61 web sites running on my pipeten host and they work equally well at localhost and hosting level - but they do not have contour in them.

Does this pattern of events mean anything to anyone.

First of all I tried a fresh install of 4.82 on my local machine. Ran it up in web matrix and it fully installed perfectly. I then added Contour and that installed without problems. Added a form and it worked fine. backed up and restored database to hosting server and changed web.config to address hosted database. Everything still worked. Uploaded complete directory tree to hosting server and ran the site and got a panel up asking me to enter a username and password (authentication required) - it was NOT the umbraco login. I did, however, enter the admin username and password but then a Server Error in'/' Application came up.

So I thought I'd try 4.71. I went through exactly the same process but this time when I ran it on the hosting server I got the Server Error in'/' Application so I thought that maybe it is something to do with the web.config settings. I then took an old web.config from one of the working 4.61 sites and put it in the 4.72 installation with the correct umbracoDbDSN database entry. Yippee I thought as it immediately detected a variation somewhere and instigated the Umbraco upgrade wizard.

But.... xslt parsing doesn't seem to work getting errors like "Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\umbfeedViewer.xslt" where things need to be displayed and

.... when I go try to add a contour macro to a page, I get the following:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +31
       System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +46
       System.Net.ServicePointManager.set_ServerCertificateValidationCallback(RemoteCertificateValidationCallback value) +54
       umbraco.macro.MacroContentByHttp(Int32 PageID, Guid PageVersion, Hashtable attributes) +922
       umbraco.presentation.tinymce3.insertMacro.renderMacro_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1045
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertmacro_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75
    **********************************************************************************************************************************

I am wondering if the above gives a clue to what caused my original error with the Contour on my offsite hosting. Or do I have a red herring here?

Alan Ellicott

Sep 07, 2012 @ 09:39
    Drew

Check the trust level setting in your web.config against the server to make sure that it's allowed to run the site correctly:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wyts434y.aspx 

Check your IIS settings over - make sure that the site isn't being restricted to a specific user login (which is what the non-Umbraco authentication login could be, possibly).

Also make sure to check that you've got your folder permissions set correctly (either to the App pool identity you're using, or to the standard Network Service if its running under that).

Cheers,
    Drew 

Sep 07, 2012 @ 16:19
    Alan Ellicott

Thanks again Drew but I have to include the settings that my hosting providor gives me and they are.

<add key="umbracoUseMediumTrust" value="true" /> and 
    requirePermission="false" must be added to <section name="clientDependency"

Dont forget I have Umbraco sites running here with the same web.config entries successfully on this external hosting.

Is there anything that Contour needs that ordinary Umbraco doesn't. I notice you have had issues with the absence of the Ajax toolkit DLL.

Could this be a cause for displaying only a small bit of my form? Where is this DLL supposed to reside if it is needed?

I am almost in dispair here now having bought two Contour licenses that I can't use and no one from the Contour Dev team seems to be looking at this thread.

I may have given too much info but the bottom line is that the site works perfectly on my local machine but forms dont display on browsers or render on the content page on the offsite hosting.

Regards

Alan

Sep 07, 2012 @ 16:49
    Drew

Try raising a new ticket through the Contour helpdesk too:
    http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/contour-support-and-download/contour-helpdesk.aspx 

The error you're getting is related to the security config - although I guess it could simply be masking something else, I wouldn't expect the AjaxToolkit to be causing that one though...

Is this site definitely using the same IIS settings, permissions and folder permissions as the other sites?

Cheers,
    Drew 

Sep 07, 2012 @ 21:23
    Alan Ellicott

Yes Ajax toolkit didn't help.

As far as one can be with shared hosting I belive that this site is identical in environment to others but none of them have ever run Contour either. 

I have tried to leave a support query but I am being told that umbraco.com has "hiccuped" so am waiting for it to recoverto resubmit.

Thanks for your wisdom

Regards

Alan

Sep 08, 2012 @ 13:34
    Alan Ellicott

It is now a day since I tried to access the proper Contour Support desk and I still cannot submit a request for help.

Please someone out there from Umbraco repair it or help me get my request to the right people.

This is a purchased product and i would expect to have some support please.

Alan Ellicott

• Kristian Ravnevand 94 posts 214 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 19:30
    Kristian Ravnevand

Hi Alan

Are you sure you have proper read/write permissions to the folders on the server (http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line)? And you should try to delete the following files/folders

• All content of the /app_data/temp folder on the server
    • /app_data/ClientDependency
    • /app_data/ExamineIndexes
    Sep 18, 2012 @ 12:39
    Alan Ellicott

This issue has now been solved but in a rather drastic way.

Evidently this was all due to the fact that I had my Umbraco site on shared hosting which only allowed .NET to run under medium trust. Whilst I believe that Umbraco ( and Contour) is supposed to operate under medium trust this appears not to be the case. Moving the whole site to another host with my own virtual server where I had more control and could allow High Trust solved the problem.

I have to say that I am a little disappointed with the lack of help from the Contour support desk. Whilst my request for help was eventually acknowledged http://umbraco.zendesk.com/tickets/7460, no one has bothered to get back to me after 9 days. I was reliant on another Umbraco developer to suggest a solution.

Alan Ellicott

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft