Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kristian Ravnevand 94 posts 214 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 19:14
    Kristian Ravnevand

Multiple records after "double postback" in Contour

Hi, when submitting a form and clicking refresh on the "Thank you" page, the form is posted once more and an extra record with the same info is added to contour. Is it possible to remove this "feature"?

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 20:18
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Krisitian,

What happens if you choose a different node for your "Thank you" Page?

You shouldnt be getting an extra record. Have you tried using another browser ?

Sep 11, 2012 @ 08:21
    Kristian Ravnevand

Hi Fuji, thanks for reply. The problem only occurs when I use the built in "Thank you" message, not "Send to page". The problem is in Internet Explorer and Firefox, you'll get a message if you hit the "F5" button to resend the page or cancel, if you hit the "ok" the form is submitted twice.

We'll just use the "Send to page" option for now.

• Lasse Kofoed 49 posts 177 karma points
    Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:18
    Lasse Kofoed

I had the same problem a few days ago, and found that deleting a row in code behind, in the Workflowtype fails.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/23003-workflow-delete-record-not-working

But the way that I solved this, is by the following:

The form is set to manual approve, and 2 Workflows a created.

First set when the form is submitted, and the second when the form is approved ( the approved part is not necessary, for this to work. But I think is a good way the se it in action )

When the user submits the form or hits f5, I just test if there is an approved form whit the same email ( this can be altered to different fields, e.g. the message & email & date ) if there is no record approved in the list. It continues to automatic approve the form with this Contour function.

RecordService service = new RecordService(record);
                service.Approve();
                service.Dispose();

http://pastebin.com/U2y2NVdK

Sep 13, 2012 @ 08:53
    Kristian Ravnevand

Thanks Lasse for your reply, I'll try out your solution, but it had been best if Contour had control of this it self :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft