Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Milman-Hurst 48 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 16:18
    Brian Milman-Hurst

Need to add @pagename to a form as a hidden field... btw Contour Newby!

Hi guys, I hope you cal help.

I have just set up Contour for my first project (you can see teh project at bmhwebdev.co.uk) and I am using Contour to track bookings to courses.  One of the fields I want to automatically track on the booking form and subsequent email is the course title which equates to the pageName which is simply an Umbraco:Item field as set up in the document type e.g. <umbraco:Item field="pageName" runat="server" />

The problem I am having is simply that I have no idea where to start on this!  Can anybody suggest a reference where I can research the answer, or has anybody implemented this kind of set up already?

I was assuming that this is a fairly standard implementation and hoping that somebody can help this newby!!

Cheers all,

Bri

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 17:27
    Tom Fulton

Hi Brian,

One thing you could do is add a Hidden Field to your form, and give it this for the Default Value:  [#pageName]

This will automatically load the current page's name as the fields value.  For more info check out the Developer Docs on the project page under Documentation,  under "Bracket syntax for default field values"

HTH,
    Tom 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft