Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ally Watson 16 posts 37 karma points
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 16:12
    Ally Watson

How can I customise contour to set cookie on back? Problem with persisting data when navigating back and forth

User scenario:- I have created a large 2 step form with contour. I am on step two of my form and I have completed all the fields and I'm ready to submit. Before submitting I would like to press previous to make sure I am happy with all my fields before I submit. When I press next all the data on my step 2 has gone.

I understand that contour creates a cookie called contour_" + pageId + "_" + formId when you press next. Is there a way so it can also do this when pressing previous? 

Thanks in advance,

Ally

• Kenny Burns 173 posts 305 karma points
    Nov 06, 2012 @ 14:05
    Kenny Burns

Hi Ally,

Is the data getting saved when you are pressing previous? If it is, might it be a case of loading in the cookie again?

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/15322-Contour-Caching-Form-Values-on-a-Multi-Step-Form-How-to-Clear?p=2

Looks like the cookie is just a reference to the form that is being filled in.

(total stab in the dark!!)

Kenny

• Kenny Burns 173 posts 305 karma points
    Nov 08, 2012 @ 12:13
    Kenny Burns

Hi Ally,

Seen another post that says if you have quite a large form and it is not saving you might need to increase the maxJsonLength in the web.config.

http://www.citytechinc.com/us/en/blog/2011/12/umbraco_6_tips_for.html

Worth a shot maybe?

Kenny

• Ally Watson 16 posts 37 karma points
    Nov 08, 2012 @ 12:28
    Ally Watson

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the responses. Having had a look at the db the xml for the second step of the form doesn't seem to be being saved when pressing previous. Only when going forward does it change the record status to 'partially submitted' and updates the xml within the db. Not sure if it's a case of overriding an event somewhere. Still looking in to it. Will keep you updated if we make progress on this. 

Thanks again,

Ally

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft