Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Medjeti 75 posts 126 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 12:10
    Medjeti

Multiple identical e-mail fields

Hi guys,

I'm just getting started with Contour. Everything seems quite straight forward, but I have a single question:

I have a form consisting of a number of Name / E-mail sections - that is, fields with identical names.

Upon submission of the form I'd like to send a confirmation e-mail to all of these e-mail addresses.
    However, using the bracket syntax, {email} returns a comma-separated list of addresses whereas the e-mail field requires multiple addresses to be semi-colon separated.
    Is there any way around this?

Alternatively I could rename my fields so they have unique names. But on the form I would like the fields to be labelled just Name / E-mail. Is there any way to set a separate display name for a form field?

Thanks in advance!
    /Medjeti

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 12:28
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Medjeti,

You can have a full documentation of contour here. You can make changes for the email layout by using the XSLT Transformed email making use of xslt.

From the xslt you can retrieve whatever fields you would like to display.

<xsl:value-of select="$records//fields/child::* [caption = 'Name']//value"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$records//fields/child::* [caption = 'Email']//value"/>

//fuji

Nov 28, 2012 @ 12:38
    Medjeti

Thanks for the swift reply!

As far as I can gather, XSLT transformation is only possible for the e-mail body, whereas my issue is with the recipient field.

Any tips on how to replace the commas from the {email} parameter with semi-colons?

Or, failing that, specifying an internal and an external name for the fields?

Nov 28, 2012 @ 13:58
    Medjeti

Alright, I got it working using dictionary items - that is, I named the fields #email1, #email2, #email3 etc. and they all render as "Your e-mail address" on the form.

Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it gets the job done.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft