Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    Dec 10, 2012 @ 20:15
    Corey Sherman

Countour 3.0.1 - Can no longer edit forms

I'm not able to figure out what happend to cause this, as far as I can tell, things were working just fine and then when I went to edit a form, I am getting a YSOD.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.EditForm.RenderField(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +811
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +115
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +138
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +478
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +61
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +76
    Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.EditForm.RenderFieldset(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +405
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +115
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +138
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +478
    Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.EditForm.RenderPage(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +405
    Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.EditForm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1051
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

I have multiple forms in Contour ranging in size and complexity and up until an hour ago, they were working jut find.  I just went back into one of the forms to add another field and this is what I am getting.  No one else has been working on them, so I really can't pinpoint what happened to cause this.

Help!

Dec 10, 2012 @ 20:16
    Corey Sherman

Worth mentioning, I can get into the Workflow and Entries for each form, just not the forms themselves.

Dec 11, 2012 @ 03:42
    Corey Sherman

I didn't realize there was a newer version.  Just updated to 3.0.2 and the problem went away.

Dec 11, 2012 @ 21:04
    Corey Sherman

I'm afraid I jumped the gun.  Although it was working just fine last night, out of the blue it stopped working again.  Any time I click to edit a form, I get the same error YSOD (different stack traces depending on the forms).  I can still edit the workflow and view the entries just fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft