Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ric Carey 50 posts 93 karma points
    Dec 21, 2012 @ 12:36
    Ric Carey

Form Cahcing on Pagination for all members

Hi all,

Bit hard to describe this, so bare with me.

I’ve got 4 forms in contour which each span across multiple pages. I want if the user begins a form and clicks off to another page on page 3 of the form for them to be able to resume on that page when they return to the form.

That’s easy enough, it’s built into Contour.

However I am using the members system to make this secure. However what is happening is that only one instance of the form can be created at one time. Meaning two users cannot fill in the same form at the same time as the form is cacheing where one user is up to.

For example:

User 1 goes onto the form and fills in 4 pages out of 6.

User 2 then goes onto the same form in their own account and the form is remembering the data from user 1 and the form begins at page 6.

Is there any way to make contour cache by member, and not globally across the system?

Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 21, 2012 @ 12:46

Hmm that's strange, it shouldn't do that, could you try disabling the caching by updating the \umbraco\plugins\umbracoContour\UmbracoContour.config file and setting the DisableFormCaching key to true

Let me know if that fixes the issue

Cheers,
    Tim 

Dec 21, 2012 @ 13:00
    Ric Carey

Tried that Tim, that didnt work the form still cached the other user's data.

Dec 21, 2012 @ 13:02

Ok are you using a single browser to test this so log in with member 1 then fill in the form, log out, log in with member 2 continue the form...

Is this something that will happen in production? So members are loggin in and using the same machine, browser ?

Dec 21, 2012 @ 13:09
    Ric Carey

Users wouldnt be on the same machine no, do you think its a browser cache?

Ill try it using two different computers

Dec 21, 2012 @ 13:13

Well the record id is saved to a cookie and that is used to resume so I'm pretty sure that is the case, if you try different browsers it should also work..

Dec 21, 2012 @ 13:19
    Ric Carey

ok that worked fine thanks. For future reference: do you think it would be possible for me to be able to remove this cookie functionality. I'll have to advise the client over this with regards to data protection act as its sensitive information.

Dec 21, 2012 @ 13:21

Yeah you can disable it http://www.nibble.be/?p=92

The cookie will only store the record id so that doesn't hold any sensitive information

Dec 21, 2012 @ 13:30
    Ric Carey

ok thanks for your help Tim.

I thought it would only hold the id, its more the issue of being able to access the other data even if it is a very small use case. We'll see what they want to do.

Dec 21, 2012 @ 13:51

Ok will make an update so the member id is also part of the cookie that would prevent it from happening, I'll try to make it today :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft