Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Hill 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:30
    Adam Hill

Inserting Contour using XSLT

Hi,

I'm currently building a site that has a left hand side "widget" column (simular to most wordpress sites). I've got a base DocType with a MultiNode Tree Picker on so users can pick which widgets are displayed on each page.

I'm using XSLT to output the selected widgets (which are news lists, blocks of content etc...) which is working fine. However, one of the widgets contains a form which I'd like to build using contour. I've tried a few different ways of outputing the contour tag, the one I'm using taking the following form:

<?UMBRACO_MACRO formguid="eb9ead8d-1ddb-459c-ae2e-731aebaf4a5e" macroAlias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" />

However, this tag isn't replaced/exectued when I output it using XSLT. I guess when the XSLT is processed the output isn't 'relooked' at for further exectuable code. Could anyone confirm this and suggest an alternative way of setting this up? Or is there a way I can output the form 'inside' the XSLT?

Any suggestions would be appriciated.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:31

Hi 

It's not possible to output a .net control from xslt

You could however move to razor and then use the razor contour macro... 

Cheers,
    Tim 

Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:01
    Adam Hill

Thanks Tim, 

I've been trying to keep this project soley in XSLT. Could I call the razor contour macro using umbraco.library.rendermacrocontent?

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:07

That only works for xslt macro's so no :(

1 other option would be to use http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/cultiv-restcontour

Then the form would be generated by xslt and submitted trough /base that should keep things in xslt

Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:21
    Adam Hill

Cheers Tim, that looks like it should do the job so I'll install it and give it a go!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft