Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 16:57
    Iain Martin

Populate Contour form from existing entry

I am creating an UCommerce site using Contour for some profile forms during the chckout process.

I have created a Contour control that loads in the current order number id from UCommerce and saves it as one of the Contour form fields.

What I would like to do, if possible, is populate the forms fields from the data in the database if there is already an existing entry with the current order id available (for example, if the user after completing the form goes back to the shop and purchases some more items, or changes a quantity etc).

Is it possible therefore to populate the controls in this manner?

Using MVC/Razor view rather than UserControl macro.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 23, 2013 @ 09:55

Hmm guess you'll need a custom fieldtype at this point to make that happen

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 23, 2013 @ 10:08

There is however a workitem that could make it easier but not implemented yet :( http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-54

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Jan 23, 2013 @ 10:17
    Iain Martin

Cheers Tim, kind of what I though the response might be :-(

Working on a slight workaround by saving the form results as a UCommerce purchase order property and then seeing if I can capture that when the form reloads, but I'm kind of making it up as I go along at the moment trying things...

Ultimately the forms results have to be attatched to the PO anyway so I kind of working towards that end.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft