Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike 62 posts 274 karma points
    Jan 24, 2013 @ 19:13
    Mike

Duplicate Contour entries after install

Hello everyone,

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I had some issues installing Contour 3.0.5 on Umbraco 4.11.1 running MySQL - had two failed package install attempts. I've just retried the install using Contour 3.0.6 and the install has succeeded.

What I've noticed is that within the Contour section the Forms, Data Sources and Prevalue Sources are duplicated three times, i.e:

Umbraco Contour
    -- Forms
    -- Forms
    -- Forms
    -- Data Sources
    -- Data Sources
    -- Data Sources
    -- Prevalue Sources
    -- Prevalue Sources
    -- Prevalue Sources

If I create a form then the form appears in each of the three form nodes.Beyond this Contour seems to be running ok.

I've also noticed this is true under Users too:

Users
    -- Users
    -- User Types
    -- User Permissions
    -- Contour security
    -- Contour security
    -- Contour security

So my guess here is that these are duplicates from the two failed plus one successful install.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to remove the duplicate entries from the back-office?

Many thanks,
    Mike

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2013 @ 19:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

In the trees.config in the config folder the contour trees have probably been added twice.

Look for these lines and see if there are any duplicates - if there are, just remove the duplicates.

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="forms" application="contour" title="Forms" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadForm" action="" />

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="1" alias="formdatasources" application="contour" title="Data Sources" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadDataSource" action="" />

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="2" alias="formprevaluesource" application="contour" title="Prevalue Sources" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadPreValueSource" action="" />

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="5" alias="formssecurity" application="users" title="Contour security" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadFormsSecurity" action="" />

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Mike 62 posts 274 karma points
    Jan 25, 2013 @ 00:40
    Mike

Hey Jan,

Awesome! Thank you so much, yes this was indeed the solution. All that remained for me to do after this was to touch the web.config file after making the changes to push the update through to the back-office but once that was done everything now looks great.

Very much appreciate your assistance. :-)

Mike

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft