Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Melvin van Rookhuizen 15 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 26, 2013 @ 06:02
    Melvin van Rookhuizen

Pro packages under V6x

Hi,

Will the current Pro packeages work under v6?

Thanks,

Melvin

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 26, 2013 @ 08:08

Contour works (from version 3.0.6, latest stable at this point) the other 2 don't at this point

Jan 26, 2013 @ 08:19
    Melvin van Rookhuizen

thanks for the quick reply! Is there a plan for the other 2? ;-) We have all systems ready for v6 to go in production...

Thanks a bunch!

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 27, 2013 @ 18:23

I know Courier is in progress but no idea of an eta

Feb 19, 2013 @ 07:31
    Melvin van Rookhuizen

Hi Tim,

Any news on this. We are preparing to take 6 into production, but compatibility of pro packages is essential. I see a slight flaw in the roadmap there ;-)

Thanks,

Melvin

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 15:41
    Martin Griffiths

Hey Melvin

Go to the Courier section in the forums for more information, you'll find a few of my rants at Per in there, it will give you a better idea of what's involved!

By all accounts Tim is able to react quicker to changes in the Core of Umbraco as his project isnt as closely tied to the core as Courier is. It's a bit of a pain but bear this in mind when planning deployments.

Also I would argue Contour is more stable than Courier is currently. Courier has improved rapidly since version 2.7, but it still has a few issues you should be aware of as it may affect your own plans.

Overall i've found Umbraco v4.11.4 and v6.0 to be stable, while v6.0 remains surprisingly compatible with the majority of extensions that have been designed for Umbraco 4.7 and higher..

Martin.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft