Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• singer777 69 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 20:33
    singer777

Member login throwing error

I have Contour and Contour Member Tools installed on 2 Umbraco 4.7.0 sites, and one is working perfectly. I have certain member groups approved to view certain content. But the other one is giving me an error when I log in. That site is:

http://cookandthechef.com/

If you use [email protected] / 12345abc you will see the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

An item with the same key has already been added.

etc.

I'm pretty sure this is a valid login (the sign up form properly adds the member into the right member group, etc.)\

Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you!

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 20:38
    bob baty-barr

Jon, just add a member manually through the backend. I have had issues where conout member tools puts in the password twice into the db.

let me know.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 30, 2013 @ 08:59

Yeah could you check if you get the same issue when you create a member manually

Jan 30, 2013 @ 15:49
    singer777

You are both correct...if I manually add a member - it works. 

In this case, though, we were wanting to allow instant access (registered members-only content) instantly with no approval. So we wouldn't be able to do that and also manually add the members.

Would it help if I reinstalled Contour Member Tools? I did this same feature on another site and is working perfectly. So that's my only other thought. What do you guys suggest? 

Feb 05, 2013 @ 04:16
    singer777

Bob and Tim,

I re-built everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling the Contour Member Tools package. I still get the same result, where if I manually enter a member it's fine, but if they create it via the Contour form, and go to log in later, it says "An item with the same key has already been added."

Is there any hope here? I really am at a dead-end now. It works perfectly on another Umbraco site of mine with the exact same version. Should I attempt to rebuild this entire site, starting with a fresh Umbraco install? That's my only other idea.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Feb 05, 2013 @ 08:41

Any more details on the error, stack trace so we can see where it's coming from...?

Feb 05, 2013 @ 16:16
    singer777

Sure, here it is. Again, it's when I log in as a user that was originally created via the Contour form and Contour Member Tools. Instead of letting me log in, it gives this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

An item with the same key has already been added.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +12673712
       Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.GetDataToIndex(XElement node, String type) +679
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoMemberIndexer.GetDataToIndex(XElement node, String type) +11
       Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.AddNodesToIndex(IEnumerable`1 nodes, String type) +216
       Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type) +188
       Examine.ExamineManager._ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type, IEnumerable`1 providers) +93
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.SaveEventHandler.Invoke(Member sender, SaveEventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.Save() +336
       umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +486
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AuthenticateUsingMembershipProvider(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +225
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +166
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +93
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +52
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Feb 05, 2013 @ 16:35

Looks like an issue with the examine index so if you fix that it should work, try rebuilding the index there are a couple of tools available in the projects section

Feb 05, 2013 @ 16:54
    singer777

Thanks, Tim. I will post my results here.

Feb 07, 2013 @ 21:25
    singer777

Tim, I installed the "Examine Dashboard" package and under "Index Providers > Internal Indexer" clicked "Rebuild Index". Still no luck. 

In the Log area, I see the message below. Any ideas?

[UmbracoExamine] Field "InternalMemberIndexSet" is listed multiple times in the index set "email". Please ensure all names are unique.

I also tried Ismail's Examine Index Admin, and if I rebuild the InternalMemberIndexer it gives the same "Same Key" error as you see above, so it won't rebuild.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 21:34
    Ismail Mayat

Have you more than one member with same email address? 

Feb 07, 2013 @ 21:39
    singer777

No, however, I have added som, deleted them, and re-created with the same address.

I tried a clean, new address, too, with no luck.

Feb 08, 2013 @ 05:05
    singer777

Hi guys, due to the normal web time crunch, I went ahead and rebuilt this website, reinstalling Umbraco and all other pieces. The login worked like a charm. If anyone else has this problem, I suggest that...and even doing the login piece FIRST to make sure there are no issues before doing HTML/CSS, etc. and the normal web build.

Thanks again to Tim, Ismail and Bob for helping.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft