Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Medjeti 75 posts 126 karma points
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 14:57
    Medjeti

Nodes with Form picker broken in back office

This look familiar to anyone?

The same issue is described here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/31291-Form-Display-Broken-in-the-admin-area
    - but it isn't obvious to me what the solution is.

Umbraco v4.7.1
    Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll v1.1.0.0
    .NET 4.0 / IIS 7.5

Funny thing is, I have a (pretty much) exact copy of the site running locally that does not experience this problem - which makes me think it might be some sort of configuration issue.

I did not upgrade Contour as I'm not quite sure of compatibility across Umbraco versions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mikael

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 18, 2013 @ 15:03

Might be a permissions issue, check that those are setup correctly

Feb 18, 2013 @ 15:05

Also could you try creating a new doc type that only has the form picker as a single property, does it also happen then?

Feb 18, 2013 @ 15:10
    Medjeti

Hey Tim, thanks for your swift reply.

I can confirm the same thing happens with just the single form picker property.

I'll look into the permissions and see how it works out. Any permissions in particular I should be wary of?

/Mikael

Feb 18, 2013 @ 15:18

Could you see what Contour version you are running, it must be an older one, if you check the installed packages you should see the version you installed

Feb 18, 2013 @ 15:22
    Medjeti

Of course, I just checked the dll version.

Package is v1.1.9

Feb 18, 2013 @ 15:23

Yeah at that point the dll version wasn't up to date , thanks, will try to reproduce

Feb 18, 2013 @ 15:30

Tried with that umbraco and contour version but it works... and since it also works on your local setup...

SO double check the permissions

And maybe try updating the version number in the /config/ClientDependency.config file and clearing the \App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder

Feb 27, 2013 @ 14:23
    Medjeti

The plot thickens!

Turns out the error actually happens on the local machine as well - it's just obscured due to the site being in debug mode. Here's what I see:

As you see, there seems to be a bunch of files missing (the 500 is actually a NotFound as well).

My webservices folder contains two files: Records.aspx and RecordActions.aspx. The Forms.asmx file resides one level up from the webservices folder.

I'm not sure what's going on, but there seems to be something wrong with how the paths are resolved. Funny thing is, the Form Designer seems to be working fine, as well as the actual rendering of the forms.

Any ideas?

Feb 27, 2013 @ 14:28

Did you try

And maybe try updating the version number in the /config/ClientDependency.config file and clearing the \App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder

Feb 27, 2013 @ 14:31
    Medjeti

I did, yeah.

Also, the above screenshot is from a site running debug mode, which should bypass the ClientDependency stuff.

Feb 27, 2013 @ 14:48

Can't reproduce any chance you can send me the site having the issue, to tg at umbraco dot com

Feb 27, 2013 @ 16:04
    Medjeti

Will do.

Feb 27, 2013 @ 16:05

Great, thanks :)

• Samuel Hamer 44 posts 66 karma points
    Mar 05, 2013 @ 14:18
    Samuel Hamer

Did anyone solve this?  Having the exact same problem on a live site.

Mar 05, 2013 @ 14:39

Could you try deploying https://dl.dropbox.com/u/886345/bin.zip just extract in your bin then update form picker datatype to use form picker standalone data editor, let me know if that fixes the issue

Mar 05, 2013 @ 15:18
    Samuel Hamer

Thanks Tim, I will try it out!

Mar 05, 2013 @ 15:19

Great let me know if that does the trick

Mar 05, 2013 @ 16:34
    Samuel Hamer

Thats sorted it.  Was it anything I had done that I should avoid doing in future?

Mar 05, 2013 @ 17:06
    Medjeti

Yay, fixed my problem as well.

Thanks for the effort, Tim!

Mar 05, 2013 @ 19:52

Nope just an issue with the form picker in older Umbraco versions, glad it's sorted :) will also update it in the contour core so it won't happen in the future

Mar 06, 2013 @ 11:16
    Samuel Hamer

Thanks a load Tim!  I will keep this dll handy in case we have it happen on another one of our older sites :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft