Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Fowles 75 posts 184 karma points
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 16:47
    Paul Fowles

Contour default values - not visible why?

Hi Tim,

I've put some default values into forms I'm creating with contour 3.06 and they don't appear in the form field when I preview the form. What is the format of the Default Value field? For a Text Field/ Combo/Dropdown box

I've tried the following ways with no luck

(1)  Hello World (just the text)

(2) {Hello World}  (inside {} braces)

(3) 'Hello World'/"Hello World" (single and double quotes}

(4){"Hello World"} (Eg. 2 and 3 combined)

I've even used razor notation

Thanks 

Paul

P.S. Can I populate a Contour Text Field with data given from a .net usercontrol?  

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 18, 2013 @ 18:14

Should be just the text no special syntax

Feb 18, 2013 @ 18:17

Just tested and it works... so just set the default value setting of the field...

Feb 20, 2013 @ 12:23
    Paul Fowles

Oh how silly I've been I wasn't saving the form after I'd updated the field so the change wasn't made. 

By the way is there a way of putting data from another field into another field type in contour 3.06? I'm trying to create a lookup field that fills in standard text fields with data returned from the lookup field (i.e. postcode field - with address, town and county as the standard fields)

Thanks

Paul

Feb 20, 2013 @ 13:22

Hmmm think you'll just need some custom js for that or a custom fieldtype would also make sense

Feb 20, 2013 @ 13:26

So a postcode with lookup fieldtype where you can select the other fields to populate with the lookup results, shouldn't be that hard 

Feb 20, 2013 @ 13:41
    Paul Fowles

Yeah, the lookup field isn't the problem I was just wondering if there was a regular expression I could use in the default value field for standard field types that could take the lookup results but I don't think there is as I think that default value field just renders plain text

Thanks

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft