Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Mackay 98 posts 149 karma points
    Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:02
    Jason Mackay

Domain Names

Hi guys,

This is the first time of using Contour so apologies if this is a very simple answer, but I am setting Contour up and when it asks for a domain - I have my site on a local server (say under http://mytestsite/) and when this is goes live this will be put on an external server with a different domain (say http://www.anothersite.com). My question is, in the domain name should I put my test domian name? And then when this is to go live, is it simple enough to change the domain name to the new one? Or should I change the local server domain to be the same as the domain it will be going too on the external server?

Not sure how this works, but thanks in advance.

Jason 

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:17

Hi Jason,

Contour should work fully when runnin localy, but when buying a license you can configure 3 domains

1 live so wheremysitewillbe.com and 2 dev domains mydevenv.com and companydev.com

It will work on the domains and all subdomains of those :)

Hope that answers your question

Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:20
    Jason Mackay

Excellent, cheers Tim. I've bought the license, just wanted to be sure before I configured it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:23

Ok also note that once configured you can't change it anymore

Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:27
    Jason Mackay

Tim, 

So when I have this section, it only asks me for one domain, where will I be able to set up the other 2 domains? Or does that come later?

Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:30

You can do that from your profile on umbraco.com

Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:05
    Jason Mackay

Tim, 

I have another question about the domain names, I've set up two development domains and a production domain. The domain that I've set up for one of the developments is glengarioch/ - whenever I try and add this in Contour section of Umbraco it say it has now been set up but then when I go to the form it tell me I am still running in trial mode. Is there something I have done wrong here? 

Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:13

Might be because of the / how does the request look like, what do you have in the addressbar?

Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:33
    Jason Mackay

My address bar looks like http://glengarioch/ - I am presuming this would be the problem?

Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:35

Yeah must be the slash I've updated your license and the related account should have gotten an email with the new license so just place this in your bin directory :)

Let me know if that works!

Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:38
    Jason Mackay

Tim, that has fixed the problem. Thank you very much, and thank you for the quick responses too. 

Fantastic service!

Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:39

Great glad to hear that and happy to help ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft