Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Feb 27, 2013 @ 06:35
    Lou

Uninstalling Contour V3.06 totally destroys web site

I had a MySQL Umbraco 4.7.1 web site using Contour v1.12 I wanted to look at V3 so I uninstalled Contour 1.12 which went without any problems.

I then installed V3.06 it complained it could not create tables and it could not write to web.config (I have config tree which I use for updating Web.config so it can be edited.

I then tried to uninstall V3 and after I did, the site would not work I get the following message;

Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

This happened to me once before.

Is this just a MySQL issue like all the other problems I have with installs, because the product doesn't get tested with MySQL?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Feb 27, 2013 @ 09:33
    Rich Green

Hi Lou,

I would search your web.config file for anything related to Contour, it seems like these lines didn't get removed correctly when you uninstalled.

Rich

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 27, 2013 @ 10:26

Yeah you'll have to remove

<add name="ContourFormBuilderHttpModule" type="Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule, Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst" />

Should be in there twice

Feb 28, 2013 @ 04:49
    Lou

Thanks all working now.

Feb 28, 2013 @ 06:32
    Lou

BTW the site did come back up but none of my XSLT macros worked anymore.  Luckily this was not a production site. Otherwise I would not be a happy chappy. I can do a restore ans start again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft