Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick 31 posts 81 karma points
    Mar 04, 2013 @ 20:53
    Rick

Error 'Service - Endpoint not found.' on submit

I've made a very simple form in Contour, picked it with a macro container and all works fine. Untill I submit the form, then I'm send to this url:
    umbraco/webservices/categorisation?action=ContourForm&controller=FormRender

and get this error:

Service
    Endpoint not found.

I'm using Umbraco v4.11.4 with MVC (useAspNetMasterPages set to 'true' and defaultRenderingEngine set to 'Mvc').

Another note: Contour is installed a while ago in this site, but didn't work today. So I updated to Contour 3.0.8, found out that that only works on Umbraco v6 and then overwrited the files again with those from Contour 3.0.6.

Any ideas why the form can't be posted?

Mar 06, 2013 @ 10:57
    Rick

Nobody....?

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 08, 2013 @ 10:54

Hey Rick,

And does your form work when you preview it in the Contour section?

Mar 08, 2013 @ 11:08
    Rick

Hey Tim,

Yup, all works. Including validation. Untill I press submit... Then I get the error.

Mar 08, 2013 @ 11:19

Anything specific setup regarding routing?

Mar 08, 2013 @ 11:28
    Rick

The only thing is that we using the Areas folder for the location of the MVC controller.

Mar 08, 2013 @ 12:49
    Rick

Hi Tim,

It's fixed. The url 'umbraco/webservices/categorisation' was coming form the package 'Categorisation' as it seems... This package was installed in this Umbraco site. But we are not using it and deleted the package... and now submitting a form works again. :-)

Of course the problem can occur again in the future when people are using both Contour and Categorisation, but for me it's fixed now.

Thanks for your help anyway :-)

Mar 08, 2013 @ 12:59

Strange not sure why that would interfere, thanks for posting the fix

• Adam Jenkin 71 posts 226 karma points
    Mar 18, 2013 @ 17:36
    Adam Jenkin

Rick, 

I have just had the same problem with the error coming up as:

umbraco/webservices/categorisation?action=ContourForm&controller=FormRender

I have also had instances where the error would detail

umbraco/webservices/searchservice?action=ContourForm&controller=FormRender

I'm using a masterpage, containing a cshtml macro used to render a RTE with a contour (razor) form.

Im not sure if this is the correct solution but I made sure the macro was rendered inside a <form runat="server" ...> and the forms are now working correctly.

When there is no form on the page, it seems contour will add one to the page but the action attribute is messed up pointing to web service urls.

• Adam Jenkin 71 posts 226 karma points
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:32
    Adam Jenkin

Ignore my last comment .. adding a <form runat="server" is a load of rubbish!

I have found a solution though which is included in this post.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/39449-Possible-bug-with-razor-forms-and-routing

• MikeD 92 posts 112 karma points
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 21:45
    MikeD

Just FYI, one of my clients also had the same issue.  He also had the Categorisation package installed.  Not sure if this is a Contour issue or a Categorisation issue, but someone should look into it more.  My client really would like to use Categorisation.

Thanks!

-Mike D

Aug 21, 2013 @ 22:07

Yeah will give the combo a try and see if I can find the exact cause

• Javier Sierra 9 posts 29 karma points
    Sep 16, 2013 @ 18:30
    Javier Sierra

Hi Tim,

I just thought I'd let you know I'm facing the exact same issue. Only I get on a multistep form as soon as I try to move to the second step, so it's not only on the final submit.

Thanks for your help!

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Nov 04, 2013 @ 17:01
    Mark

Hi Tim,

I'm having the same problem. Umbraco 6.1.4, Contour 3.0.17, Categorisation (Auros Ltd) 2.3.1.0

The relative form action is: /umbraco/webservices/categorisation?action=ContourForm&controller=FormRender

Is there a fix for this? Unfortunately I can't remove the Categorisation package as it's used extensively on the site.

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Nov 05, 2013 @ 15:07
    Mark

Just to update. I'm getting the same issue when using a Surface Controller with a partial view containing Html.BeginUmbracoForm helper method. So it looks like it's something to do with the Auros Categorisation package - maybe it doesn't work with 6.1.x like it purports to...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft