Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan Green 63 posts 83 karma points
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 17:30
    Ryan Green

jQuery Mobile and AltTemplate not loading Contour form

As the title states, I am using a mobile AltTemplate and jquery mobile. The whole site loads and works, except for one page. The one with the Contour form on it. IT just hangs with the spinning wheel loading icon and never loads the page. Is there some way to force the contour form to load as ajax through the jquery mobile. Or, worst case scenerio, is there a way in my content editor, to put a conditional statement around the inserted macro to not load if the URL has the word mobile in it? That way at least a portion of the page will load, and it won't just hang.

• gavstorey 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 18:06
    gavstorey

I have had this same thing happen to me, it can be a couple of things but as you are not getting anything my gut would be it is because Contour forms require a <form runat="server">xyz </form> around the form and your JQM/mobile template does not contan one and as such the page throws an error (when that happens JQM just hangs)

To test just append the ?alttemplate=mobilexyz to the page with the form and see if it works at all.

If it does work then this is likely to be an issue with how JQM by loads content using ajax by default meaning forms etc don't always work however I would expect you to see something if that was the case.

• Ryan Green 63 posts 83 karma points
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 19:52
    Ryan Green

I see the form, if I load the page directly, but not when I am using the jquery select navigation bar. So, i edited my code to take the form page out of the drop down, and used a simple button, and it loads the page. So, I guess it is related to that. But on a related note, I tried submitting the form, and it hangs on the loading symbol and never submits.

• gavstorey 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 12:56
    gavstorey

If possible can you send me a link or the html of the form page (gavstorey at gmail.com), but I would try disabling JQM ajax loading to see if that fixes the issue to do that add the following to the link (disables ajax on that link only) :

<a href="my link to form" rel="external">link</a>

or

<a href="my link to form" data-ajax="false">link</a>

or add data-ajax="false" to the parent container of the link:

<div data-ajax="false"><a href="my link to form">link</a></div>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft