Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gleb Kaplan 49 posts 125 karma points
    Apr 15, 2013 @ 18:09
    Gleb Kaplan

Contour MySQL connection problems after upgrading to 6.0.3

Hi

I upgraded to Umbraco 6.0.3 and Contour to 3.0.9 (using the update zip). I use MySQL database.

Now when I am trying to open Forms tree node in Contour section I get error:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied]

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +6675286
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +688
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean withFailover) +6701832
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, Boolean withFailover) +219
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, TimeoutTimer timeout) +6703968
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +6704427
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions) +610
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +1049
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +74
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +6706995
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +78
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +2192
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +116
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +1012
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +6711619
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) +152
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +229
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +94
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +26
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +161

My connection string is:
        <add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=xxx;database=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;" providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />
    Why it ever tries to access DB using MS SQL provider? What am I missing in the upgrade process?
    Thanks.

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 15, 2013 @ 19:45

In v6 it isn't using the appSetting but the con string is moved to an actual con string so you'll have to update that 

Apr 15, 2013 @ 19:47

So in   <connectionStrings> you'll need one with the name umbracoDbDSN (there is probably a default that is set to ms sql)

Apr 15, 2013 @ 20:04
    Gleb Kaplan

It is within ConnectionStrings section of web.config.

<connectionStrings>

<add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=xxx;database=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;" providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

Apr 15, 2013 @ 20:08
    Gleb Kaplan

BTW in the source code of FormStorage.cs (inspected using ReSharper) I can see here and there piece of code:

if (GlobalSettings.DbDSN.ToLower().Contains("datalayer=mysql"))

Doesn't it mean that Courier is still relying on the old connection string format??

If I try to add datalayer=mysql into the connection string, then data layer returns an error

"ERROR umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1[[MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlParameter, MySql.Data, Version=6.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d]] - [Thread 91] Error executing query select id from umbracoUser where userLogin = @login
    System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported."

Apr 15, 2013 @ 20:11

Do you still have the original appsetting from before the upgrade, what happens if you place that in the new umbracoDbDSN constring ?

Apr 15, 2013 @ 20:15

Yeah you are right looks like Contour will need some updates to work on MySQL with umbraco v6

Apr 15, 2013 @ 20:20

Added to the issue tracker: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-332

Solution will be part of 3.0.10 (next maintenance release) that should be out before 1 May

Apr 15, 2013 @ 20:23
    Gleb Kaplan

Thank you.

(to answer your previous question - as I mentioned, if I try to put the old appsetting string into connectionString I get an error "keyword not supported" and just can't login to Umbraco admin at all. Also it does not make any difference if the old umbracoDbDSN appsetting exists under appSettings or not.

• Rob Smith 34 posts 165 karma points
    May 28, 2013 @ 12:45
    Rob Smith

I'm trying to get contour installed and working using MySQL and Umbraco 6.0.3  - it's still looking for a SQL Server?

Is this not fixed yet?

Jun 03, 2013 @ 09:25

Hey Rob, yup issue is still open, should be part of a maintenance release coming this month

Aug 05, 2013 @ 18:09
    Gleb Kaplan

Is there any update?

Aug 05, 2013 @ 18:17
    Gleb Kaplan

The issue still occurs on 6.1.3 (!)

Aug 05, 2013 @ 18:34

Yeah still in issue, will take a look for next maintenance release, will try to do this week

Aug 05, 2013 @ 18:43
    Gleb Kaplan

This would be great - it becomes annoying as this is the only issue preventing us to migrate to v6.

Aug 05, 2013 @ 18:44

Ok will update you later this week, hopefully it isn't that hard to fix :)

Aug 07, 2013 @ 10:54
    Gleb Kaplan

Is there a bug opened on this issue so I could track its progress?

Aug 07, 2013 @ 10:56

Yeah you can find it here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-332

Aug 21, 2013 @ 15:13
    Gleb Kaplan

Any update, please?

Aug 21, 2013 @ 16:29

No luck so far but more details tomorrow hope to have something ready then

Aug 26, 2013 @ 11:38

Ok made some progress hope to have a build ready today/tomorrow that should work on mysql, it would be awesome if you could give that a test, will post more details when the build is ready

Aug 26, 2013 @ 14:47

Ok think I got it working, if any of you could test to confirm that would be great :)

You can get a WIP version here http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/3.0.15%20WIP/ that has the fixes

Aug 27, 2013 @ 09:37

Anyone able to test this one?

Aug 27, 2013 @ 11:42
    Gleb Kaplan

Will do today,thank you.

UPD: works like a charm. Tested on 6.1.3 with MySQL.

Aug 27, 2013 @ 12:16

@Gleb thanks for confirming :)

• Rob Smith 34 posts 165 karma points
    Aug 27, 2013 @ 17:35
    Rob Smith

Tested and working under v6.0.6 with MySQL 5.5

Many thanks Tim!

Aug 27, 2013 @ 19:48

@Rob great thanks for testing and confirming the fix :) will release a new Contour version that has the fix this week :)

Aug 28, 2013 @ 09:57
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft