Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michiel 30 posts 61 karma points
    May 16, 2013 @ 21:34
    Michiel

Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery on Azure

Hey,

This week I installed Umbraco and Contour on Azure. It's not yet licenced, but when I try to hit send I get this error: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery.

I did find some old posts about stuff missing in the db, is this the problem here as well? Maybe because it's hosted on Azure. How can I fix it without breaking anything?

Thx,

Michiel.

(Umbraco v6.0.5 + Contour version 3.0.11)

• Comment author was deleted

May 21, 2013 @ 17:00

Hmm I'll need to check this, creating forms works, it's just submitting that throws the error?

• Michiel 30 posts 61 karma points
    May 21, 2013 @ 17:24
    Michiel

Hey,

At the moment I removed it from the page and made something myself, so I can't check it anymore.

But I was able to make a form, save it and add it to the page. When I tryed to submit it I got the error. Maybe something went wrong with installing. But I had a problem with removing forms I made as well. Looked like a problem with rights. Can't find anything in my logs about a problem with contour.

May 21, 2013 @ 17:28

Ok thanks for the extra details, will do a test install on azure to see if I can reproduce ;)

• Jeroen Wijdeven 31 posts 72 karma points MVP
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 15:35
    Jeroen Wijdeven

I have the same problem. The problem occurs not only at submit but also at going to the next step. Is there any progress on this?
    I have also a problem with exporting the azure database because several UF* tables used by Contour do not have a clustered index, which looks similar to this problem: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-88 .. Maybe these two issues have a relation.

Jun 06, 2013 @ 15:57

Yeah currently testing so hope to have something ready tomorrow

Jun 06, 2013 @ 16:41
    Jeroen Wijdeven

Excecuting the next script did the trick for me:

CREATECLUSTEREDINDEX[UFFieldSettings_Index]ON[UFFieldSettings]([Field])
    CREATECLUSTEREDINDEX[UFRecordDataBit_Index]ON[UFRecordDataBit]([Key])
    CREATECLUSTEREDINDEX[UFRecordDataDateTime_Index]ON[UFRecordDataDateTime]([Key])
    CREATECLUSTEREDINDEX[UFRecordDataInteger_Index]ON[UFRecordDataInteger]([Key])
    CREATECLUSTEREDINDEX[UFRecordDataLongString_Index]ON[UFRecordDataLongString]([Key])
    CREATECLUSTEREDINDEX[UFRecordDataString_Index]ON[UFRecordDataString]([Key])

• Scott Robinson 54 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:58
    Scott Robinson

Is there any solution on this? I have the same issue. Creating forms is fine, just the error when submitting from end.

Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:26
    Jeroen Wijdeven

See my last reply on June 6th. It's a hotfix but it did the trick for me

Aug 09, 2013 @ 11:37
    Scott Robinson

Hi,

I've tried to add run this script on azure backend and it says:

msg156, level 15, state 1, line 1

Incorect syntax near keyword 'ON'

Any idea why this would be?

Aug 09, 2013 @ 11:42
    Scott Robinson

Also, are there any versions of Contour that will work on azure out the box with Umbraco 6.1.2? I haven't been able to use this product at all.

Aug 12, 2013 @ 11:06

@Scott can you try the latest stable so 3.0.14

• netzzeus 8 posts 28 karma points
    Dec 02, 2013 @ 16:03
    netzzeus

Hi,

I have the same problem with Contour 3.0.17, when I submit the contact form. I tried to reinstall contour, but the problem still exists.

Is there already any solution?

thanks!

• Paul Crabb 22 posts 45 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 22:37
    Paul Crabb

Umbraco 4.11.5 on Azure

I have had problems deleting forms, saving forms, running forms - it's been driving me nuts !... I ran the following SQL from Chuhukon and it has transformed the way Contour is behaving. The problem with his original SQL is it has stripped out all the spaces so gave errors. Enjoy :)

CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX [UFFieldSettings_Index] ON [UFFieldSettings]([Field])

CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX [UFRecordDataBit_Index] ON [UFRecordDataBit]([Key])

CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX [UFRecordDataDateTime_Index] ON [UFRecordDataDateTime]([Key])

CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX [UFRecordDataInteger_Index] ON [UFRecordDataInteger]([Key])

CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX [UFRecordDataLongString_Index] ON [UFRecordDataLongString]([Key])

CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX [UFRecordDataString_Index] ON [UFRecordDataString]([Key])

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 10:39
    Jesper Hauge

For anyone stumbling over this issue, that are running the database in SQL Azure.

As far as I can tell, there is currently only one table missing an index in the database: UFFieldSettings

To make things work, you can run this script on the database

BEGIN TRANSACTION
    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
    SET ARITHABORT ON
    SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT OFF
    SET CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL ON
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON
    SET ANSI_PADDING ON
    SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON
    COMMIT
    BEGIN TRANSACTION
    GO
    CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX IX_UFFieldSettings ON dbo.UFFieldSettings
        ([Key]) WITH( STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
    GO
    ALTER TABLE dbo.UFFieldSettings SET (LOCK_ESCALATION = TABLE)
    GO
    COMMIT

Happy Azure hosting

.Jesper

• Amigo 243 posts 568 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 22:17
    Amigo

Cool Jesper, Thanks.

Fixed my u 6.1.2 + c 3.0.19

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft