Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• p.kidd 15 posts 55 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 11:06
    p.kidd

Restrict Page Access based on a contour register entry

I would like to use contour to present a registration form to a public user.

Only once they have registered and verified (back office) can they login again and access part of the website.

Is this possible with contour or do I have to load the users into the umbraco membership tables?

I am using Umbraco 6, MVC and Razor

Thanks in advance.

Paul

• Comment author was deleted

May 23, 2013 @ 17:53

Hey Paul,

Take a look at the contour member tools http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/contour-member-tools 

May 26, 2013 @ 23:22
    p.kidd

Thanks for that , just what I was looking for.

So attempting to get it working with Umbraco 6.0.5 and member tool 1.0  - Umbraco in MVC mode.

and I get the following error when i attempt to view the registration form.

The partial view '/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/Views/Fieldtype.memberlogin.cshtml' was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched: /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/Views/Fieldtype.memberlogin.cshtml

I notice that others have had the same error in the past - i was wondering if it had been fixed?    The fix where I added a copied FieldType.Textfield.cshtml to the Umbraco\Plugins\umbracoContour\Views folder and renaming it to Fieldtype.memberlogin.cshtml just completely busted my site.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks

May 27, 2013 @ 23:18
    p.kidd

Not sure why this works but did the following.

Copied the file FieldType.Textfield.cshtml  in the \Umbraco\Plugins\umbracoContour\Views folder and renamed it Fieldtype.memberlogin.cshtml and added the following line to <file>/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/Views/FieldType.memberlogin.cshtml</file> to  ~\App_Data\packages\installed\installedPackages.config

then got the error

FieldType.comparetextbox.cshtml was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations.

So did the same for comparetextbox and it worked?

• Maff 141 posts 465 karma points
    Oct 14, 2013 @ 13:33
    Maff

Thanks Paul - I just had the same issue with the views not found etc and this post sorted them out.

One thing I would add to anyone else having this same issue is that in the CompareTextBox.cshtmlyou need to change the type of the input to "password", otherwise your password will show in plain text.

Thanks,

Maff

• Colin Wright 8 posts 28 karma points
    Feb 13, 2014 @ 15:08
    Colin Wright

I have tried all of the above and whilst the form submits successfully the member is not created in the database, any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft