Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 16:40
    Martin Lingstuyl

Records Missing

Hi guys,

Big annoying (only sometimes occuring) issue here. I hope somebody knows how to deal with this.

Today two different clients submitted two different Forms, only their entries have disappeared. The forms are used for quite some time now, working well. I've had this issue once before, few months back.

I know the records have disappeared because I log every Form submission in the database by Record ID. I even checked in the Contour Records table with the Record ID's of the two disappeared entries, but I cannot find it there either.

Does anyone know something about this?

Martin

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 25, 2013 @ 13:05

Hmm that would be strange, do you have any third party addons installed to Contour like http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/attackmonkey-contour-remove-duplicate-entries

Jun 25, 2013 @ 15:18
    Martin Lingstuyl

Hi Tim,

Not that one no, I'm using several custom workflows and stuff, but nothing that deletes records. (Except a recordaction of course)

Jun 25, 2013 @ 15:21

Well the only place in the core of Contour where you can delete a record is in the records viewer... are you sure they haven't been manually deleted by someone?

Jun 25, 2013 @ 15:42
    Martin Lingstuyl

Well, I think not, the client has a reputation for neatness, and when suggesting that he might have deleted something unwittingly, this was denied.

What I'll do is add some event logging on Deleting and Submitting Records. Lets see what will come up if it happens again :)

Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:05

Yup good idea :)

Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:31
    Martin Lingstuyl

Hi Tim,

I've got a Move Record RecordAction built into the site which allows the client to transfer records from a Waiting list Form to an Subscriberslist Form.

It appears one of the suddenly deleted records had been moved before vanishing. So it might be this RecordAction made a mistake or something. Could you look at the code and tell me what you think?

http://www.eft.nl/media/Contour.RecordAction.MoveRecord.txt

I as of today added some dispose routines at the end, but I don't think that should be the problem right? I also stopped deleting old records because I dont want to delete anything if I can't be sure the new record isnt created right. But anyhow, while testing it always worked, but apparently it errored at least once..

What the code does is create a new Record in the Selected Form and loop insert RecordFields. Then at the end it changes Record ID in some Secondary Database tables where payment information is stored (this form is linked to a payment provider)

Thanks!

Martin

Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:49

Ok will take a look

Jul 02, 2013 @ 12:02

Solution in this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/42648-Contour-grievances?p=0#comment154328 (seems to be due to manual delete after examining the iis logs)

Jul 02, 2013 @ 12:24
    Martin Lingstuyl

Jup..can't book your reply as solution though. strange. well, whatever. thanks for helping out.

Jul 02, 2013 @ 12:44

Yeah option seems to be gone :(

Jul 02, 2013 @ 14:00

Mark as solution option is back :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft