Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad Ford 34 posts 75 karma points
    Jul 16, 2013 @ 02:32
    Brad Ford

Customizing a Contour template

I have a requirement to create a form that can be used over and over again. So I have created the form, exported it and put it in the template folder. 

Now my users can add a new form and pick that template. Simple stuff. 

However, the formatting of the form is all wrong and I need to customize it. 

I know already how to customize a form, but how do I customize the template? 

It's no use to me if every time I create a form based on that template, if I have customize again. It's the same template used over and over on different forms. 

How do I get my form Template to be permanently formatted?  

Brad

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 16, 2013 @ 10:15

Hey Brad,

Can you explain what you mean with formatting? Is it the markup that needs to be customized?

Jul 17, 2013 @ 20:15

If it is markup, you can just update the default view and then all new forms will also use it :) http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/Custom-Markup/

• Brad 94 posts 151 karma points
    Jul 23, 2013 @ 01:20
    Brad

Tim

What I mean by formatting is In this case I don't want the title and sub title to be displayed or take up space on the form. I just want the form fields and the button. 

I have a template called '25 words or less'. It's a sort of competition where the user shoud tell us x in 25 words or less.. There will be a new comp created every so often and they will all use that template. 

The page that shows the current one of these does not need that title info above the form. So I'd like for every form of that type not to have those title items.

However seems the only way I can do it. is to create the form and do that thing were I get its guid, create a folder, copy the form file in, modify it etc.  I can't do that every time they make a new '25 words or less' comp. 

I want the title stuff gone on just 'this type' of form, not every form on the site. Is that possible?

Jul 25, 2013 @ 03:08
    Brad

Ideally, I'd not even like these to appear on this form type. 

But even if they stay, i'd like the output of "this type" of form to never display these values. 

Jul 30, 2013 @ 09:33

Yeah just update the views then and remove the parts that you don't need :)

Details here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/Custom-Markup/

Jul 30, 2013 @ 10:22
    Brad

Tim

Are you saying each form 'type' has it's own view? Great. Where is that?  I don't want every form on my site to have the titles missing. Just ones of a certain type. That page you linked does not cover that option. 

I want it so if they pick that type from the Template dropdown, it does not have the titles. Even if they remain in the cms screeen, I don't want them to appear on the site, for that type and that type only. 

Brad

Jul 30, 2013 @ 10:27

You can override the views for all forms or for a specific form 

• Brad Ford 34 posts 75 karma points
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 02:48
    Brad Ford

Yep. I gathered that. You cannot with Contour have a custom template that is picked when you pick a particular template.

Thanks Tim. Looks like I'll have to manually edit the comp form each time they create a new one.

Might this be a feature you could add as some stage? Would be very handy.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft