Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Bengtsson 64 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 09:11
    Jan Bengtsson

Hidden field issue with commas

Hi,

I've got a HiddenField type in my Contour form. Using jQuery, I dynamically try to add a comma-separated list of numbers to that field. However, when I look in Umbraco's backend the commas are gone. The numbers are there alright, but separated by space only. I'm able to use other separators, like semicolon, but not commas. I tested to give the hidden field a DefaultValue (in backend) with commas in it ("1, 3, 5") with the same result - the commas are removed.

Is there anyone who knows if/how it's possible to correctly handle commas in a Contour hidden field?

I'm using Contour version 1.1.12 on a Umbraco 4.7.1.1 installation. The site runs on IIS 7.5/Windows Web Server 2008 R2. Asp.Net: 4.0.

Regards
    /Jan

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 17:16
    Tim

This still appears to be an issue in newer versions of Contour as well....... I've just tested it on 3.0.2 on a 4.8 installation. I'd guess it's something to do with the fact that it is treated as CSV so the commas are being stripped? Tim G will be able to answer this one best!

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 11, 2013 @ 16:00

Hmm yeah might be that but will have a look :) Does this only happen on hidden fields? SO works fine when you enter it in a textfield?

• Jan Bengtsson 64 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 16:23
    Jan Bengtsson

Tim, it doesn't not work in text fields either - commas are removed (hadn't noticed that before).
    /Jan

Sep 11, 2013 @ 16:25

Ok thanks for confirming will take a look :)

Sep 11, 2013 @ 16:30

Well data is stored correctly so might be to aggressive stripping of illegal chars in the viewer, looking into that now

• Jon Benedict 4 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 18, 2013 @ 15:31
    Jon Benedict

Have there been any developments on this issue? I have a few sites with contour and complaints are coming in about the stripping of commas within the forms.

Oct 21, 2013 @ 09:54

Yeah it's just the viewer, if you export the data with the toolbar button you get the correct data

• Jon Benedict 4 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 24, 2013 @ 22:12
    Jon Benedict

Thanks Tim! The export method you recommended works perfectly for what I needed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft