Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tyler Brown 62 posts 209 karma points
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 21:21
    Tyler Brown

submit button value not changing when using dictionary item 'submit'

I'm using Contour 3.0.9 on an umbraco 4.11.8 install and am needing to add multilingual functionality to the site.  I tried using a dictionary item called 'submit' (lowercase) as the Contour documentation suggests for the submit button text, but it isn't changing. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Tyler

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 09:14
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Tyler,

It uses Uppercase "Submit".

Sep 05, 2013 @ 15:01
    Tyler Brown

Hi Fuji,

I tried that and there is still no change.  I added a dictionary item named 'Submit' in the settings in Umbraco.  Is that all that I should need to do?

Tyler

Sep 06, 2013 @ 07:25
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Tyler,

Did you add any Other Languages under Settigs >  Languages ? Not sure if thats the issue though.

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 11, 2013 @ 15:19

Yeah make sure the node structure is using the correct culture otherwise the dictionary item won't work...

Sep 12, 2013 @ 15:01
    Tyler Brown

Thanks for the responses!  The other dictionary items are working, but we are using a derivitive of Polyglot on this site so we do not have separate node structures per language.  We have one Contour form and every piece of text is a dictionary item so there is no need more than one form.  Does that make a difference?  As I said, our other dictionary items within our Contour form are working, just submit is not. I've tried capital and lower case: 'Submit' and 'submit'.

Tyler 

Sep 12, 2013 @ 15:04
    Tyler Brown

I should also add that we have multiple languages under Settings > Languages

• CASTELLI 23 posts 76 karma points
    Oct 01, 2013 @ 12:19
    CASTELLI

Hi,

I have a single site which is not in English and a single language set as French.

I have set the followin items 'submit', 'Submit' and '#Submit' in the dictionnary to no effect on the submit button caption.

How should I do?

Thanks

Oct 01, 2013 @ 12:25
    Fuji Kusaka

Have you set the Hostname of your website to French ?

If not try adding a new language under settings > Languages > French. Then managed your hostname to FR.

• CASTELLI 23 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 20, 2013 @ 10:03
    CASTELLI

Thanks, you're right that did it. I had the FR language set in the settings but not in the website hostname.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft