Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josh Olson 79 posts 207 karma points
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 08:34
    Josh Olson

Duplicate field caption - not in codefirst forms

The issues that I have encountered is that when designing a form in the backend through the Contour GUI, I can create fields with the same caption (this is desirous behavior), but if I create the same form in Visual Studio using codefirst design, when I try to view the form in the backend or frontend, the form explodes resulting in a

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

and the following stack trace

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
       System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) +52
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +10695474
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) +10
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.SynchronizeForm(Type typeForm) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:249
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.SynchronizeForms() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:201
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.Synchronize() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:24
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.UmbracoManager.Synchronize() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\UmbracoManager.cs:36
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.UmbracoManager.SynchronizeIfNotSynchronized() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\UmbracoManager.cs:21
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule.context_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\ContourFormBuilderHttpModule.cs:27
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

I would like to be able to have fields with the same caption but designing forms in the GUI editor is tedious except for the most simple of cases. Any pointers would greatly appreciated!

Umbraco: 6.1.3 --- Contour: 3.0.14

Cheers!

• Kenny Burns 173 posts 305 karma points
    Nov 21, 2013 @ 12:58
    Kenny Burns

I am also having the same issues as outlined above - did anyone manage to solve this?

Thanks,

Kenny

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 21, 2013 @ 12:59

I'll test, mind posting the code for the form that is giving this error?

Nov 21, 2013 @ 13:07
    Kenny Burns

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the help -

[Form("Questionnaire", ShowValidationSummary = true, MessageOnSubmit = "Thank you for your submission.")]

public class QuestionnaireForm : FormBase

{

[Field(FormPages.Questionnaire, "Quality", Caption = "How is our performance?",

Type = typeof (RadioButtonList),

Prevalues = new[] {"1", "2", "3", "4", "5"},

Mandatory = true)]

public string PerformanceProductQuality { get; set; }

.....(other fields)

[Field(FormPages.Questionnaire, "Quality", Caption = "How is our performance?",

Type = typeof (RadioButtonList),

Prevalues = new[] {"1", "2", "3", "4", "5"},

Mandatory = true)]

public string PerformanceProductLabelling { get; set; }

}

It seems to be if the caption is the same, it throws the error - it works okay from back office.

Thanks,

Kenny

Nov 21, 2013 @ 13:11

Ok thanks will give it a test and will probably have a solution for you in the afternoon! stay tuned ;)

Nov 21, 2013 @ 15:43

Can confirm it's a bug but need some more testing before i can push a release, eta tomorrow morning, hope that's ok

Nov 21, 2013 @ 16:44
    Kenny Burns

That would be great Tim - thanks very much for looking at so quickly, much appreciated.

Kenny

Nov 22, 2013 @ 09:58

Finishing it first thing this morning so solution almost ready :)

Nov 22, 2013 @ 10:23

Aight fixed the error

But since in the code first a couple of things happen based on the caption it might not be that ideal to have duplicates :)

To upgrade just download http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/3.0.18%20WIP/

The update zip UmbracoContour3.0.18 WIPupdate.zip

only thing you need when running on 3.0.17 is the codefirst assembly, drop that in your bin and the error should be gone

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:00
    Kenny Burns

Hey Tim,

Thanks for looking at this - I grabbed the zip and dropped the Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.dll into the bin but that still didn't seem to  fix the issue - I notice the assembly version still says 3.0.17.0?

Kenny

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:03
    Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:17
    Kenny Burns

Hmm - still getting the error - if the below helps? Should the assembly version be 3.0.18? Still says 3.0.17 (although that might not be the issue)

Thanks

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +14119204
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.SynchronizeForm(Type typeForm) in c:\Users\Timbo\Dropbox\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:333
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.SynchronizeForms() in c:\Users\Timbo\Dropbox\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:201
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.Synchronize() in c:\Users\Timbo\Dropbox\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:24
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.UmbracoManager.Synchronize() in c:\Users\Timbo\Dropbox\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\UmbracoManager.cs:36
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.UmbracoManager.SynchronizeIfNotSynchronized() in c:\Users\Timbo\Dropbox\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\UmbracoManager.cs:21
       Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule.context_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Timbo\Dropbox\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\ContourFormBuilderHttpModule.cs:27
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80 

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165 

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:23

Yeah haven't updated assembly version, but the stack trace helps, looking now :)

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:30

Of seems you get an error I didn't get when testing but fixed now, please download the nightly again :)

Again it's just the code first stuff that needs to be updated

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:56
    Kenny Burns

I have downloaded the nightly and this seems to work - gets rid of the error - but still not working as expected :(

It doesnt create the additional fields that have the same caption, not sure if that was expected or not. i.e. it creates the first field but any subsequent fields that have the same caption (in this case there are the same questions in multiple fieldsets) are not created.

I can leave this with you for a bit if you think there is a fix for it? If you can let me know so I can schedule work around it.

Thanks again - *sorry for causing you grief on a Friday morning! :)

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:57

Yeah will need some serious refactor in that case since a lot is based on the field caption, maybe if they are on a different fieldset... could you give that a try?

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:58

Or as a workaround use dictionary items and and populate them with the same value, that's the best I can think of atm

SO #quality1 #quality2 ... but all have the same value

Nov 22, 2013 @ 12:09
    Kenny Burns

Thanks Tim - I will try the dictionary item suggestion - that should do as a workaround. The different fieldsets is still causing the same issue i'm afraid.

Appreciate you looking into it for us,

Have a good one :)

Kenny

Nov 22, 2013 @ 12:17

Yeah the dictionary item workaround should do it then :)

Nov 22, 2013 @ 12:47
    Kenny Burns

I can confirm the dictionary items work just grand! Cheers! 

(I also reverted my dlls back to the older version)

Nov 22, 2013 @ 13:04

Great :) hope that's a valid solution for the time being!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft