Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    Oct 04, 2013 @ 16:34
    Corey Sherman

Contour Caching DB Values

We have a user enter in a slash () at the end of a field in Contour that was then saved to the database.

When we go into the Entries section to view it, we are now, of course, getting back invalid JSON due to the slash escaping the quotation mark. I was able to track down the offending entry in the database under the UFRecordDataString table and remove the offending slash that was invalidating the JSON, which should have resolved the problem.

Looking at the JSON response I'm getting back in the entries section, I'm still getting back the bad, unedited response, which leads me to believe that the entries are being cached somewhere. I have been able to find any documentation to support this, so I may be barking up the wrong tree. Does anyone have any ideas how to refresh what's being loaded in the entries section with what's in the DB now?

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    Oct 07, 2013 @ 17:06
    Corey Sherman

Just for anyone who happens across a similar situation:

The "Cache" of the entries that I was looking for was really just another table in Contour where the XML for the entries are stored.

Table UFRecordsXml contains the XML for each entry, where as the UFRecordsData* tables contain the entered data for each individual field as it was originally entered.

I made the necessary change to the UFRecordsDataString table to remove the bad character as well as the UFRecordsXml table, and now the entries are displaying appropriately.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft