Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Taylor 155 posts 353 karma points
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 11:26
    Mike Taylor

Problem with usercontrol macro form in RTE, trying to render in .cshtml file

If I embed a Contour form into a rich text editor via the usercontrol macro (has to be usercontrol macro rather than Razor macro), and then try to render it in a .cshtml file using this...

@Html.Raw(umbraco.library.RenderMacroContent(thisPage.GetProperty("resources").Value, Model.Id))

...I don't see any of the form fields - just "Previous" and "Next" buttons (and this is a single-step form).

Any ideas?

Mike

Oct 15, 2013 @ 11:38
    Mike Taylor

If I look at the contents of umbraco.library.RenderMacroContent(....), I see this:

<div id='contour' > <div class="contourNavigation"> <input type="submit" name="RenderForm_8$b_prev" value="Previous" id="RenderForm_8_b_prev" class="contourButton contourPrev" /><input type="submit" name="RenderForm_8$b_next" value="Next" id="RenderForm_8_b_next" class="contourButton contourNext" /> </div> </div>

So it looks like there is a problem with umbraco.library.RenderMacroContent not outputting the Contour form properly from the usercontrol?

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 12:20
    Fuji Kusaka

Can you try something like

@Html.Raw(umbraco.library.RenderMacroContent("<?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias=\"yourMacro\" ></?UMBRACO_MACRO>", Model.Id)) 
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 12:25
    Mike Taylor

Hi Fuji

The form is embedded in a rich text editor, so I'm not directly rendering a specific macro - I'm rendering the content of the RTE field, which has the Contour usercontrol macro embedded into it.

Mike

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 17:36
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I don't get it.. has to be a usercontrol macro (why?) but then you have to render it in razor template? MVC mode or Webforms mode?

Oct 15, 2013 @ 17:40
    Mike Taylor

Webforms mode. I have a <form runat="server"> in my master template (and I have a bunch of other usercontrols in the site), but I'm using a .cshtml Razor file to display this particular page's content.

The Contour form is embedded into the RTE using the Contour usercontrol macro (otherwise we end up with nested <form> tags), and my understanding was that @Html.Raw(umbraco.library.RenderMacro( {rich text editor value}... would render the Contour form, and it kind of does, but it doesn't show any of the fields - it just shows "Previous" and "Next" buttons.

Oct 15, 2013 @ 17:42
    Mike Taylor

This is Umbraco 4.11.7 btw, and Contour 3.0.1.

Oct 15, 2013 @ 18:09
    Sebastiaan Janssen

First of all upgrade that one, it has a severe security vulnerability.

Second, insert it as razor anyway. That seems to work. Yes, you will have nested forms but that should only be a problem if the page must validate.

If it's in a razor macro, for some reason Contour doesn't see there's a form runat server tag there, in my version (latest) I see a big red message about it.

Oct 15, 2013 @ 18:13
    Mike Taylor

Unfortunately, IE8 has real problems with nested <form> tags. I've tried using Razor anyway, and in IE8, the layout of the page is completely broken (this is true, even if you just insert an empty <form> tag inside another form - nothing to do with Contour). This site has a significant IE8 audience, so that's not really an option...

Any real reason why umbraco.library.RenderMacroContent doesn't work for Contour forms? I'm using it for other user controls with no issues...

Mike

Oct 15, 2013 @ 18:26
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ah okay, that sucks.

Don't know, sorry. :) Make a support issue so Tim can have a look at it.

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/contour-support-and-download/found-a-bug.aspx

Oh and PLEASE do not ignore my plea to please please please upgrade your site to at least 4.11.9.

Oct 15, 2013 @ 18:28
    Mike Taylor

I did install the security vulnerability patch when it first came out...

Oct 15, 2013 @ 18:44
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ah great, I forgot we released a patch for 4.11.7. Then feel free to ignore me! :-)

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 21, 2013 @ 09:26

Hey Mike are you using a partial view macro or using the old macro razor scripts?

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 21, 2013 @ 09:29

Can you try the following: use razor macro instead and update the Contour form view so it doesn't have the form tag http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/Custom-Markup/

So just remove the @using (Html.BeginForm("ContourForm", "FormRender", FormMethod.Post, new { enctype = "multipart/form-data" }))

Think I've seen that work on a webforms site so worth a try

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft