Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 20:36
    Dirk De Grave

Can I change sender's email dynamically

Added a oob workflow to send email to a "predefined" email address as in following screenshot after an entry being submitted.

Question is: can I configure this workflow to use email from the submitted form? It would make replying a very simple task as the sender would have been configured with the email from the person who've submitted the form! Is this possible?

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Scott 95 posts 277 karma points
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 22:16
    Scott

Hi Dirk,

Yes, actually I have done this in a form for a client, you just have to write the following: {formfieldemail} in the E-mail field of the Email field.

So if your e-mail field in your form is named Recipient E-mail then you should write {recipientemail} and that is basically it.

Hope you get it to work.

Regards,

Scott

Nov 25, 2013 @ 22:59
    Dirk De Grave

@Scott: not sure if it makes any diff at all, but i'm talking the SenderEmail field instead of Email field (if I understood correctly from reading your reply).And no, haven't had any luck using your combination.

For reference: field is #ContactFormEmail (as label is available in 4 languages), and so far I've tried

{record.formcontactemail} {record.FormContactEmail} (even tried the '#alias" versions),  and Scott's suggestions {formcontactemail}

I'm sure we'll get there!! Big thank for your reply, at least we now know what doesn't work. I'll await Tim's feedback tomorrow and get the answers on this post for other people who might struggle with it.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Scott 95 posts 277 karma points
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 01:14
    Scott

Well Dirk you should not use record or anything else you should use the name of the field, to be more precise you should use the caption as this:

enter image description here

See there Caption is "Modtagers e-mail" so here you should use {modtagersemail} (no spaces or hyphens).

Give it a try and let us know.

Scott

Nov 26, 2013 @ 09:08
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Scott, exactly as I'm doing, only diff is that my caption is "language sensitive", so it's called #ContactFormEmail... I'll wait for Tim's feedback as he was going to have a look at the core contour code for the exact syntax in this specific case.

Anyway, feedback and replies much appreciated!

/d

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 26, 2013 @ 09:38

use {#ContactFormEmail} that should do the trick

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 02, 2018 @ 14:10
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Tim

How I can do the same in the latest forms?

Thanks

Alex

• Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Oct 08, 2018 @ 17:22
    Eric Herlitz

Second that

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 08, 2018 @ 18:44

best file a support request if it isn't working anymore...

Nov 26, 2013 @ 09:59
    Dirk De Grave

Gotcha! works as expected! Muchos merci.

/d

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft