Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Thomson 15 posts 45 karma points
    Dec 28, 2013 @ 11:42
    Brian Thomson

Problem since trying to install contour

Hi there

Apologies I have posted this in another section but now wondering if it would be better in Contour thread as this is where the problem started.

I am a bit of a novis and been using Umbraco for a while and enjoying it. I tried to instal a version of contour however since my DB was mySQL I think this has casused problems. Contour would always give an error immediatley after installing however everything seemed to be ok but I have gone in to the site today and I am getting an error on the back end. Everything in the front end seems to be working fine - it is only after logging into Umbraco that I get this error:

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.WebApi.UmbracoApiController' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4869.17901, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

The Stack Trace is below - I really don't know too much about all the .net stuff which is why I liked umbraco so much so it has taken me out of my depth. Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.WebApi.UmbracoApiController' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4869.17901, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]

System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes) +0

System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes() +38

Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypesWithFormattedException(Assembly a) +42

Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypes(Type assignTypeFrom, IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) +134
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetAssignablesFromType(IEnumerable`
    1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) +63

Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.FindClassesOfType(IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) +59
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.<ReRegisterActionsAndHandlers>b__1() +35
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.LazyManyObjectsResolverBase`
    2.<get_InstanceTypes>b__5(Func`1 x) +7
       System.Linq.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`
    2.MoveNext() +238

System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +217

System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +78
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.LazyManyObjectsResolverBase`
    2.get_InstanceTypes() +626

Umbraco.Core.ActionsResolver.CreateInstances() +69

Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ManyObjectsResolverBase`2.get_Values() +569
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.GetJavaScriptFileReferences() +22
       umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.RenderActionJS() +43
       umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1824
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
  • Comment author was deleted

Jan 07, 2014 @ 16:59

What is the Umbraco version you are running? Seems like that doesn't have api controllers yet, so just install previous verison of Contour or upgrade your Umbraco install

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft