Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    Jan 03, 2014 @ 14:38
    Kris Janssen

Installation failure - Contour 3.0.18 on v7.0.1 from repo

Hi,

I was taking Umbraco v7.0.1 for a spon today and tried to install Contour 3.0.18 onto it, directly from the package repository.

Trying to do so

1) resulted in quite a few warnings regarding the package containing legacy Property editors

Legacy Property editors detected

Read more...

This package contains legacy property editors which are not compatible with Umbraco 7

This package may not function correctly if the package developer has not indicated that it is compatible with version 7. Any > DataTypes this package creates that do not have a Version 7 compatible property editor will be converted to use a Label/NoEdit property editor.

2) An error during installation:

Installation error

3) After this error, the package appears to have been installed but there is no corresponding tab:

Contour missing from UI

Nonetheless, both installer ascx and umbraco.Forms.UI.dll seem to be in place.

Re-trying the installation throws up additional warnings but eventually proceeds as expected.

It is therefore possible to get things running but it might not be the best user experience and/or might throw off beginning users.

Cheers,

Kris

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 07, 2014 @ 16:58

Ok looks like an error with the post install usercontrol, will try to reproduce

• MC 19 posts 89 karma points
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 19:28
    MC

HI there, Have to fix this problem ? I face the same issue also , when i try to install Digibiz Advanced Media Picker, 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft