Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wouter 49 posts 76 karma points
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 12:05
    Wouter

Manual install does not work 3.0.18 (documentation should be updated)

Versions

• Umbraco v4.11.9 (Assembly version: 1.0.4898.17344);
    • UmbracoContour_3.0.18_Manual_Install.zip.

Description

1. Download the manual install .zip file;
    2. Followed the instructions in the installation Guide.pdf from here on;
    3. Executed MsSQL create on my Umbraco database > Completed sucessfully (SQL server 10.50.1600);
    4. Added the files to my Visual Studio project and added Pre-built event to copy the Contour dll's (XCOPY "$(SolutionDir)References\External\Contour\*.dll" "$(TargetDir)" /D /Y /R);
    5. Recycled app pool and cleared browser cache;
    6. EXCEPTION: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.WebApi.UmbracoApiController' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4869.17901, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null';
    7. Removed the Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7.dll and .pdb from my solution and bin directory;
    8. Umbraco start's up normal: Logged in as Administrator;
    9. Added Macro script as described on: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual;
    10. Applied user rights in User-Section: Added access rights to new [contour] section for Administrator and some other users;
    11. Logged-out, recyled app-pool and cleared browser cache;
    12. Log in as Administrator;
    13. EXCEPTIONS: Dashboard sections for ContactForm_logs.ascx and EmailAFriendForm_logs.ascx do not work: These files are not supplied in the .zip file;
    14. (Removed the broken sections from my Dashboard.config);
    15. Umbraco countour section appears at the bottom > click;
    16. Contour tree on the left side of the CMS does not load: only shows [contour];
    17. Unable to set the contour user rights (usually in the User-Section there appears an extra folder for setting specific right for contour).

Conclusion

The documentation is terribly out of date and I am unable to find the information I need to get Contour working properly in a normal matter. My next step now is to check out the contour package file and see if I can find out if anything should still be done to make Contour work properly. Please have a look at this asap.

Jan 29, 2014 @ 12:24
    Wouter

Missing in web.config:

<system.web>
     <httpModules>
      <add name="ContourFormBuilderHttpModule" type="Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule, Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst" />

<system.webserver>
     <modules>
      <add name="ContourFormBuilderHttpModule" type="Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule, Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst" /> 

Jan 29, 2014 @ 12:31
    Wouter

[edit: issue changed]

For some reason the FormPicker property-type disappeard from the parameters dropdown. Getting it back is easy, add this following line to the table dbo.cmsMacroPropertyType:

(auto generated id) formPicker Umbraco.Forms.UI MacroRenderings.FormPicker String
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 13:47
    Wouter

Added xslt extension does not work

In config/xsltExtensions.config change:
    <ext assembly="/bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core" type="Umbraco.Forms.Library" alias="umbraco.contour" />
    to:
    <ext assembly="Umbraco.Forms.Core" type="Umbraco.Forms.Library" alias="umbraco.contour" /> 

Jan 29, 2014 @ 15:55
    Wouter

contourform.js line 35: $(".datepickerfield").datepicker({ dateFormat: contourDateFormat });

The datepickerfield is not rendered and the calendar is not displayed. Well it is, but then fullout as a table.

EDIT: seems like I'm not alone on this one, http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/11816-Datepicker-not-rendering?p=0

EDIT 2: Looks like the datepicker with jquery-ui was dropped and a custom control was added? When you hit one of the buttons on the date control now it triggers a page-refresh. I don't like this. So I added an update-panel around it (which I don't like either):

<div class="document_body">
                    <form id="formMain" runat="server">
                        <asp:ScriptManager runat="server" />

<umbraco:Macro Alias="Content.Image" runat="server" imageClass="content-right"
                            propertyAlias="image" imageAlias="article" imageWidth="160" imageHeight="160" />
                        <umbraco:Macro Alias="Content.Intro" runat="server" />

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="udpBody" runat="server" UpdateMode="Always" ChildrenAsTriggers="true">
                            <ContentTemplate>
                                <umbraco:Item Field="text" runat="server" XsltDisableEscaping="true" />
                            </ContentTemplate>
                        </asp:UpdatePanel>
                    </form>
                </div>

Now it seems to work fine. But, what happens if we add a captcha control? The captcha control stops working when the update-panel triggers...

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 29, 2014 @ 18:01

Hey Wouter,

Did you use the instructions here? http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual those are the latest, we'll remove the outdated guide

Jan 29, 2014 @ 18:02

Don't need a scriptmanager since we aren't using usercontrols anymore, just make sure you have the necessary scripts http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2012/11/9/getting-started-with-contour-30-beta.aspx

Jan 29, 2014 @ 18:04

Btw what is the reason you are doing a manual install? The packages should install fine if all file permissions are set ok

• Dipun 4 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 18:56
    Dipun

Hey Tim, 

We have also been struggling with a manual install. We are using a manual install because we need to ensure we can deploy our codebase to any server in an automated fashion using a build server.

We have a standard that allows us to create internal nuget packages that we install into our Visual Studio project allowing us to easily add or remove features within our codebase and have a consistent state on any environment.

So far, we noticed: There is no tree.config or applications.config file changes mentioned. We also noticed using dot peek that you have no objects extending ITree or IApplication or using the ApplicationAttribute or TreeAttribute. There are some undocumented web.config changes: namely, Json changes, Dll redirects, and http modules and handlers.

The one thing that tripped us up for a while, was that the SQL script does not give anyone access to the contour section. Therefore, it seemed impossible to access the contour section. We had to add a new row to the umbracoUser2app table.

I hope this helps, I hope someone with access can update the installation documentation with the reccommended steps required to complete the installation. I could have missed some things or even written about some uneccessary things.

I have to admit that for a paid product, I am suprised that the documentation is hard to find and still out of date.

PS. I am using Umbraco 6.1.6

Jan 29, 2014 @ 19:48

Yeah will give the manual install docs some love tomorrow, thanks for the feedback guys :)

Jan 29, 2014 @ 19:53

And I'll also try to create a nuget package but that won't be tomorrow

Jan 30, 2014 @ 08:59
    Wouter

Hi guy's, thank you for the feedback!

About the normal install package, it will crash when you install on Umbraco 4.x. During the install it copies the Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7.dll and .pdb to the bin directory (see step 6 and 7) which makes it crash. You should do probably (if it's not already there) do a version check during the install to make sure the correct files are copied (System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["umbracoConfigurationStatus"]).

Jan 30, 2014 @ 09:44

Yeah defo, but didn't think many would still install on v4, but will take care of it

• Usha 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 03, 2014 @ 22:15
    Usha

Hi Tim,

We are struggling through similar issues here. We are currently on V6.1.6 and trying to install Contour 3.0.18 . 

I have gone through the manual install more than a couple of times....I completely agree with other folks that the documentation for manual install needs to be fixed big time. Could you please let us know when we can get a working copy of the code/instructions for manual install.

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2014 @ 10:48
    Wouter

Just notices a new version was released: does not fix most issues described here sadly. A new issue has also seem to appeared: After install the scriptmanager in (umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour) FormsDashboard.ascx breaks the control: scriptmanager is already included and may only be added to a page once. So I disabled the scriptmanager.

Also, it still says it will run on .NET 4.0...we concluded it won't. Have you tested this? Otherwise please change it to 4.5: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour

(edit: added link)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft