Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 494 karma points c-trib
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 18:34
    Jamie Attwood

Unable to license Contour

Just purchased Umbraco Contour version 3.0.18. After purchaseing licence, tried to retrieve license and recieve the error:

ould not load control: '/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/formsdashboard.ascx'. 
    Error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page. at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at umbraco.cms.presentation.dashboard.OnInit(EventArgs e)

I buy and install contour at least once month and I have yet to have a smooth install. QA PLEASE.

• Filip Lundby 128 posts 149 karma points
    Feb 10, 2014 @ 11:38
    Filip Lundby

Same happened for me. Any solution?

Feb 10, 2014 @ 15:12
    Jamie Attwood

Skooter,

I first tried to download, upload the .lic file manually - this did not work despite me restarting IIS, logging out  and logging in, etc.

Go int the file located here:/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/formsdashboard.ascx and remove the scriptmanager tag at near the top of the page. This allowed the page to load correctly and then allowed Contour to license itself.

Hope this helps you.

Jamie

• Filip Lundby 128 posts 149 karma points
    Feb 10, 2014 @ 16:07
    Filip Lundby

Thanks a lot Jamie! :) 

May 06, 2014 @ 20:14
    Jamie Attwood

Update to the above: Just purchased and downloaded 3.0.19. After install, I see that this is still happening despite a new release:

Could not load control: '/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/formsdashboard.ascx'. 
    Error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page. at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at umbraco.cms.presentation.dashboard.OnInit(EventArgs e

After resolving this by removing the extra ScriptManager, I tried to retrieve my licence file. After sucessfully seeing the list of licences after a sucessfull login, I then clicked on the correct licence only to see this:

The license could not be retrieved

You must download it from umbraco.org manually

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Invalid login and password.
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Umbraco.Forms.UI.org.umbraco.Licensing.GetLicense(String username, String password, Int32 licenseId)
       at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.chooseLicense_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft