Form Picker data type doesn't work v3.0.19

Any advices?

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 24, 2014 @ 16:33

Ok it's due to the breaking change in Umbraco 7.2, we'll fix in Contour

• Matt Linsenbardt 24 posts 147 karma points
    Feb 24, 2014 @ 23:47
    Matt Linsenbardt

I just came across the same issue. Here is some additional info.

This is being returned by the call to /Contour/FormsApi/GetAll

<Error>
    <Message>An error has occurred.</Message>
    <ExceptionMessage>
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    </ExceptionMessage>
    <ExceptionType>System.NullReferenceException</ExceptionType>
    <StackTrace>
    at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Security.HasAccessToForm(Guid form) at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7.PropertyEditors.FormsApiController.GetAll() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7\PropertyEditors\FormsApiController.cs:line 25 at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4() at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    </StackTrace>
    </Error>
  • Matt Linsenbardt 24 posts 147 karma points
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 00:54
    Matt Linsenbardt

Surprisingly, the form picker renders in IIS, but not IIS Express (Visual Studio).

• Vasia Vasia 49 posts 241 karma points
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 19:39
    Vasia Vasia

Sorry, it works fine for me. Just spotted that it is a little different picker than earlier version ) You need to have any form to see it on the page.

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 26, 2014 @ 08:11

ah might be that then :) we'll add some copy if you don't have any forms yet

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 24, 2014 @ 22:29
    Nicholas Westby

I have run into this issue. I believe it is caused when I log in as a member (not an Umbraco user, but an Umbraco member) on the frontend of the website. If I clear my cache (including cookies), the error doesn't happen. When I log in again as a member, it happens again.

I suspect Matt didn't run into this on the IIS version of his website because he wasn't logged in as a member on that website.

Umbraco 7.1.8. Contour 3.0.23-Build.20.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 24, 2014 @ 22:50
    Nicholas Westby

FYI, I have created an issue for this here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-651

• Maff 141 posts 465 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 12:26
    Maff

I am also having this issue, and can confirm what Nicholas has says is correct - if I am logged in to both the back-end and the front-end website and hit the Contour API (http://localhost/umbraco/Contour/FormsApi/GetAll), I get the following error:

<Error>
    <Message>An error has occurred.</Message>
    <ExceptionMessage>
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    </ExceptionMessage>
    <ExceptionType>System.NullReferenceException</ExceptionType>
    <StackTrace>
    at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Security.HasAccessToForm(Guid form) at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7.PropertyEditors.FormsApiController.GetAll() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7\PropertyEditors\FormsApiController.cs:line 25 at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    </StackTrace>
    </Error>

However if I am just logged into the back-end and hit the API it returns the form data as expected.

Umbraco v7.1.8 Contour v3.0.21

• Christian Palm 277 posts 272 karma points
    Feb 19, 2016 @ 14:12
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft