Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Harris 33 posts 94 karma points
    Mar 17, 2014 @ 14:40
    Daniel Harris

Using Razor Macro causes "Validation of viewstate MAC failed" error

I'm using Contour version 3.0.6 and Umbraco version 4.11.8

For some reason, when submitting a form using the Razor Macro, I get an error that the validation of viewstate MAC has failed.

The installation is not on a farm, just a single server install. The same form when submitted using the Webforms Macro will submit, however, a custom data type I created would be more work than desired to move into a WebControl (As far as I know User Controls aren't supported, which would make the process a little less painful).

The form works in the preview page for Contour (PreviewFormDialogMVC.aspx), so I am expecting this will be something in the pages template interfering, but hoping somebody here may have experience a similar problem before and can shed some light.

Appreciate any replies.

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2014 @ 17:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

Not sure what's happening there but I'm thinking if it would be an option for you to do a Contour upgrade?

A lot of bugs has been corrected since the release of 3.0.6 and some new features has been added as well. If you choose to do an upgrade then make sure to backup your files and database as well before starting.

You can see a change-log - perhaps your issue is listed? I tried seaching your error but could not find any info about that though. But it could be described another way in the log.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft