Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Brown 18 posts 38 karma points
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 20:29
    Robert Brown

Contour form Entries do not show up.

I have created a small comments form. The data seems to save in the database, but the entries do not show up in the dashboard. I am using v6.1.6.

Looking at a sql trace it appears that the table UFrecordsXml is empty which causes the sql reun to retrieve entries to find 0 rows.

anyone have an idea why the table UFrecordsXml  is empty?

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT  count(*) from UFrecordsXml INNER JOIN UFrecords on UFrecords.id = UFrecordsXml.Id where UFrecordsXml.form = ''dd91d5cf-2a1a-4eb7-9dfd-75c45e8fc6e6'' and UFrecordsXml.created > @created and UFrecords.state IN (4)',N'@created datetime',@created='Mar 31 2014  2:25:15:000PM'

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 21:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Robert

What version of Umbraco are you using? And what version of Contour?

And have you checked that there are no issues in terms of permissions on the database/server/umbraco folder etc. ?

Have you checked the log file in /app_data/logs to see if it reveals anything of use?

/Jan

Apr 01, 2014 @ 23:38
    Robert Brown

HI, I am using umbraco v6.1.6, contour 3.0.20.  All of the data is inserted to the database except the UFrecordsXml table.

this is the log agter I try to submit in test mode:

2014-04-01 17:35:57,862 [27] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 13] Error returning dictionary item 'Submit'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Submit exists in dictionary

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.DictionaryItem..ctor(String key)

at Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary.get_Item(String key)

2014-04-01 17:35:57,862 [27] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 13] Error returning dictionary item 'Previous'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Previous exists in dictionary

2014-04-01 17:35:57,862 [27] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 13] Error returning dictionary item 'Next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Next exists in dictionary

2014-04-01 17:36:05,955 [27] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 9] Error returning dictionary item 'Submit'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Submit exists in dictionary

2014-04-01 17:36:05,955 [27] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 9] Error returning dictionary item 'Previous'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Previous exists in dictionary

2014-04-01 17:36:05,956 [27] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 9] Error returning dictionary item 'Next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Next exists in dictionary

• Joachim Andersen 38 posts 198 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 11:14
    Joachim Andersen

I'm seeing the exact same errors in the log. I use Umbraco 7.0.4 with Contour 3.0.20

Apr 07, 2014 @ 14:31
    Robert Brown

I think this may be a licensing problem. I notice that in the App_Data/umbraco.licensing.log there are entries stating "could not validate license:" etc... every time I go to contour and every time I submit a form.

I have been trying to get a working licence but no luck yet. This will be my third attempt.  :(

robert

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 16:24
    Paul Sterling

@Robert -

Can you try downgrading to 3.19?  We are seeing a number of reports of this same behavior with 3.20.  For the most part it works as expected in a new install but where there was an upgrade, and possibly in other cases too, some people see records not saved.

We're lookign into it further, but for now 3.19 does not appear to have these issues.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour#projectArchive

-Paul

Apr 16, 2014 @ 20:51
    Robert Brown

It appears this is not a licensing problem at all.

I have narrowed this down to communications when the databse is on a remote server. When contour is on the same physical machine as the database, all works well.

When the database is on a different machine, the sql statements do not finish and the data is not reinserted to UFRecordsxml table.

Could this be a caching or timeout setting?

thanks - Robert

• Ben Divsalar 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jul 15, 2014 @ 15:58
    Ben Divsalar

I am seeing the same problem in umbraco 6.1.6 with contour 3.0.21. I tried locally where DB is in the same machine with same error message. I have a valid licence but still get the "could not validate license:" message in lic.log file.

My contour form looks ok and it does insert rows to UFrecordsXml but it doesn't display the link for Entries in contour dashboard.

My main issue is the error messages I am getting in log file like below and licensing.log.txt ("Could not validate license")

2014-07-15 14:35:58,205 [7] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 31] Error returning dictionary item 'submit'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key submit exists in dictionary

2014-07-15 14:35:58,205 [7] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 31] Error returning dictionary item 'next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key next exists in dictionary

Do I need to install package HunSpellChecker? Please help.

Thanks - Ben

Jul 15, 2014 @ 16:18
    Robert Brown

Ben, when I was having problems with contour it was due to the wrong version of sql server. I had sql server 2005 on my remote server and that was mostly the problem. I think the 'could not validate license' is meaningless. To get rid of the dictionary item errors just add them to the dictionary.

I don't know if it will help you, but this is what I did:

1) I  upgraded the sql server to 2012

2) in the web config,  the database connectionString uses' Integrated Security=true" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"'

3) I added 'next', 'previous' etc... to the dictionary.

Here are the minimum requirements for Umbraco

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements

Bob

• Ben Divsalar 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 16:30
    Ben Divsalar

Many thanks Bob, 

I added 'next', 'prev' etc to dictionary and logging seems happy now. 

Please advise if you find any solution for  'could not validate license' error in licensing.log.txt .

Thanks, Ben

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft