Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Kingo 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 15:26
    Thomas Kingo

Integration with Salesforce?

Contour boasts of it's connection abilities to Salesforce amongst others. But I can't seem to find any dokumentation describing how.

Plain and simple. How do I connect Contour with Salesforce (SFDC), so my form data ends up i SFDC?

I'm trying to connect using a Webservice Data Source, but it's not working. Probably because I'm using the wrong values, and I have tried a lot of combinations!

Is this the right way, or could someone help me out with some guidance? :)

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Feb 14, 2019 @ 14:23
    Marc Goodson

Hi Thomas

it's a while since I've done this, but I think in Salesforce there is (or was) a Web-To-Lead option - that would provide a Url to post leads to, and anything posted to that Url would be created in Salesforce.

So if you create the form in Salesforce and take note of the form field names, and then create the same form in Contour with a hidden field for the Salesforce form Id.

Then create a workflow step for your Contour Form of the type 'post to url' then you can configure that to post the details entered into the form to your Salesforce Url, and this should then pass on the values from the form into Salesforce,..

... or at least that is the gist of it.

You can create a totally custom contour workflow steps, and write code to integrate with the Saleforce API if that is the preferred approach - have a look at this article by Tim Geyssens who outlines a way to integrate with Podio from a Contour form: http://www.nibble.be/?p=424

regards

Marc

• ramdalli 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 18, 2019 @ 14:18
    ramdalli

What are Salesforce web testing tools?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft