Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Smith 79 posts 110 karma points
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 16:12
    Matt Smith

form entries

Please can someone give me a little more info on what the record states mean? I assume approved means successfully completed, I have searched the documentation but can't find any details.

Many thanks,

Matt

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 16:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

In short: Yes that is what approved means. Unless you setup a workflow or hook into Contour logic then all submitted forms will be automatically approved with succes when a submit is done and the thank you message has been displayed to the user.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 10, 2014 @ 16:38
    Matt Smith

Thanks Jan, that's useful, can I just clarify a little more please? (We're trying to resolve an issue and a little more info will help)

The only work flow we use is send email.

Opened - What triggers this state? as we don't use authentication or anything on forms
    Resumed - as above - what triggers this state?
    PartiallySubmitted - What does this mean?
    Submitted - so this means submitted to a workflow if set up?
    Approved - means successfully submitted and workflow complete?

so if the forms have all worked, there should be no submitted and all approved?

Thanks, if there is documentation on this happy to be pointed to that

Regards,

Matt

Apr 10, 2014 @ 16:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

If you have not done anything special about the workflow except from setting up a workflow that sends an e-mail when the form has been submitted I don't think the other states will be triggered. But I must admit I have never used any of the other states myself so I don't know how they can be triggered - perhaps they should just be setup in order for something to happen when a form is opened or partially submitted etc. - Partially submited I guess means if you have a sequence of a form that is shown on more pages/views (Like a survey).

I don't know if there is more documentation on workflows than what I referred in the previous post.

But what is your issue? Are you missing e-mails on forms that has been submitted?

/Jan

Apr 10, 2014 @ 16:56
    Matt Smith

Hi Jan,

Thanks again.

Yes the issue is we are missing the emails of some successful forms, but the mail system states them as sent - it is looking like config of the mail server here which receives the mail... initially those states were maybe confusing the issue but not so much now.

I'll keep hunting for more detailed info on the states, but I think the only ones we need to worry about for now are the approved ones.

Appreciate your help,

Regards,

Matt

Apr 10, 2014 @ 18:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Ok, that's odd - I suppose you have checked the umbraco log in order to see if it reveals something?

But in the Contour section you're able to see each approved form so you should not have lost any data, only the e-mails - If it's important that a certain person get the data it's possible to export the entries as CSV or Excel files.

Happy hunting.

/Jan

Apr 11, 2014 @ 10:05
    Matt Smith

Hi Jan,

Yeah we've found the issue (mailbox permissions here on the network) - so thats good. Been using the .csv export during the investigation.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Cheers,

Matt

Apr 11, 2014 @ 10:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Glad to hear you found the solution - and thanks for sharing :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft