Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lasya 38 posts 70 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:30
    Lasya

Unable to drop contour forms in richtext editor

I am on the contour version 3.0.20

and unable to insert forms in the rich text editor.

Any help please.

Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:31
    Lasya

I am on the umbraco version 7.0.3

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lasya

Do you see any error messages when trying to insert forms into the rich text editor or how do you experience the issue?

Could you perhaps post some screendumps about it?

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:38
    Lasya

Hi Jan

It is not displaying any forms in the list

Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Laslya

Have you created any forms in the Contour section?

How did you install Contour? using the package or manually?

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:49
    Lasya

Yes i have created three forms in contour and they are fine when i use partial views to display the form.

installed contour manually.

Thanks,

Lasya

Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lasya

Ok, then you perhaps need to modify the Contour macro in the "Developer" setting under "macroes". You probably need to add some parameters? Don't know if you used the documentation as a guideline? http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:59
    Lasya

parameter values looks same as in the documentation.

Apr 23, 2014 @ 11:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lasya

Ok, that's odd...do you mind sharing a screendump of your macro settings?

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 11:08
    Lasya

Apr 23, 2014 @ 11:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lasya

Hmm, do you see any Contour related error message when you're trying to choose forms in the rich text editor if you have a look at the console log? And how about the trace log in /app_data/logs ?

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 11:16
    Lasya

not getting/displaying any forms list to insert in the rich text editor. It is blank

Apr 23, 2014 @ 11:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lasya

But does the browser console reveal any javascript errors or other kind of errors? I know you get a blank list - just trying to figure out if some errors are thrown somewhere so we can get a clue about what could be wrong.

Also it might be worth the try to clear the client dependency files at /app_data/TEMP/ClientDependency and then go to the /config/clientdependency.config and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool to ensure it's not due to a caching issue that you don't see any forms.

Otherwise I'm thinking it may perhaps be an issue related to 7.0.3...

/Jan

• Matt Mawford 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 15, 2014 @ 12:19
    Matt Mawford

I have identical issue with U 7.0.4 and Contour 3.0.21. Here's the error from Firebug's console:

Update: have just realised that the Form Picker datatype is missing - when I tried to add a Form Picker to my Doc Type as a workaround. Contour was installed from repository. Have restarted website since installation.

• Comment author was deleted

May 15, 2014 @ 12:24

Upgrade Umbraco might have been an issue in that release

May 15, 2014 @ 12:51
    Matt Mawford

OK thanks Tim.

Jun 10, 2014 @ 18:28
    Matt Mawford

So, having just upgraded to Umbraco 7.1.4, and re-installing Contour, that hasn't fixed the issue.

On closer inspection, the exception occurs at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Security.HasAccessToForm - so went over to check Users > Contour security. No users were listed. Created a new test user, and that user appears in the tree. So looks like users created before Contour installation no longer show up in Contour security tree.

Unfortunately, when logged in as Test, the same error still occurs - still no forms listed in the RTE insert macro, and no Form Picker datatype.

Currently Contour is unusable on this installation :(

• marcelh 171 posts 471 karma points
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 10:04
    marcelh

Hmm, same issue here. Installed Contour 3.0.2.1 as a package on a Umbraco 7.1.4 installation.

No users exist in the Users section under Contour Security, while about 4 users are configured in Umbraco.

Closer inspection shows the following error message in the Content section when the forms are retrieved:

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","ExceptionType":"System.NullReferenceException","StackTrace":"   at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Security.HasAccessToForm(Guid form)\r\n   at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7.PropertyEditors.FormsApiController.GetAll() in c:\\Program Files (x86)\\teamcity\\buildAgent\\work\\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\\Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7\\PropertyEditors\\FormsApiController.cs:line 25\r\n   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"}
  • marcelh 171 posts 471 karma points
    Jun 26, 2014 @ 12:24
    marcelh

Ok, a re-install of Contour made the error disappear, a list of available forms is rendered. However, selecting a form and inserting it into the RTE displays the message "object reference not set to an instance of an object" in the RTE where the form should be...

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Jul 05, 2014 @ 09:43
    keilo

I am on 7.1.4 with latest contour and having the same issue in RTE when form is placed

"object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Anyone can shed some light?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft