Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 19:25
    John Hodgkinson

Modify Form Template to use custom styles ???

I would like to modify the form style elements to use something like the rendered html below on all the forms. How can I go about doing that? Many thanks in advance!

<form action="/form-test.aspx" class="generic-form elements-row" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">       
        <ul class="elements-horizontal">

<li class="row">
                <div class="form-element">
                    <label for="FirstName">First Name</label>
                    <input data-val="true" data-val-required="The FirstName field is required." id="FirstName" name="FirstName" type="text" value="" />
                    <span class="field-validation-valid error" data-valmsg-for="FirstName" data-valmsg-replace="true"></span>   
                </div>
            </li>

<li class="row">
                    <label for="LastName">Last Name</label>
                    <input data-val="true" data-val-required="The LastName field is required." id="LastName" name="LastName" type="text" value="" />
                    <span class="field-validation-valid error" data-valmsg-for="LastName" data-valmsg-replace="true"></span>    
                </div>
            </li>

<li class="row">
                    <label for="Age">Age</label>
                    <input data-val="true" data-val-number="The field Age must be a number." data-val-range="Age must be between 1 and 99" data-val-range-max="99" data-val-range-min="1" data-val-required="Age is required" id="Age" name="Age" type="text" value="" />
                    <span class="field-validation-valid error" data-valmsg-for="Age" data-valmsg-replace="true"></span> 
                </div>
            </li>

<li class="row">
                    <label for="City">City</label>
                    <input id="City" name="City" type="text" value="" />
                    <span class="field-validation-valid error" data-valmsg-for="City" data-valmsg-replace="true"></span>    
                </div>
            </li>

<li class="row">
                    <button type="submit" name="submit">Submit<span class="ss-check"></span></button>
                    <button type="reset" name="reset">Reset<span class="ss-check"></span></button>
                </div>
            </li>

</ul>   

</form>  

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 21:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

I assume you're using Contour 3?

You can read about customizing the the views here - http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/Custom-Markup/

But be ware that the changes you make will apply to all forms you're creating. And if you at some point need to upgrade Contour you need to keep a backup of your modified file so it's not lost if you do an upgrade.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 23:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi John,

I would like to make an addition to Jan´s fantastic post.

You don´t need to make changes to all forms you're creating, You can customizing a specific form, if you only need to that. You can find the information about this here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/Custom-Markup/#Customizingforaspecificform

And here is a video where Tim Geyssens shows how you can customize your forms or a specific form: http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2012/11/8/contour-30-features-full-control-over-form-markup.aspx

That´s was just my inputs,

/Dennis

Apr 25, 2014 @ 23:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Wow, had not seen that part in the documentation about modifying specific forms. Good catch Dennis.

But it does not seem it's very generic if you need to have 2 or more forms setup the same way and the rest should just be default. Then you would need to do some copy paste work with the 3 that are different than the "default". Not neccesarily a big issue - just something to be aware of.

/Jan

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 14:52
    John Hodgkinson

thx Guys! I really appreciate the feedback and assistance and also apologize for the delay in responding. I have a few projects I'm juggling at the moment but hope to switch gears and starting working on the tweaks/customizations in the next week or so.

Again, thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated!

May 01, 2014 @ 15:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

No need to appoligize - We're just happy we could help :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft