Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kurt Emch 44 posts 85 karma points
    May 07, 2014 @ 18:47
    Kurt Emch

Error with Contour form entries not showing up in dashboard.

I got my contour form installed and functioning on a page. I submitted some test entries, returned to the backoffice and am not seeing the entries show.

I did some inspection and it looks like there is an internal server error when trying to fetch them, caused from /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/records.aspx

This is the error summary:

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: The 'ext' start tag on line 12 position 3 does not match the end tag of 'XsltExtensions'. Line 13, position 3.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 07, 2014 @ 22:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Make sure that your /config/xsltExtensions.config is well-formed.

if you have forgot to close an entry using either or

That should fix the error.

If you're unsure about how to fix it please copy/paste the content of your xsltExtensions.config file in here so I we can have a look.

/Jan

May 07, 2014 @ 22:35
    Kurt Emch

Hey Jan, here's my xsltExtensions.config. Thanks for taking a look at it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <XsltExtensions>
    <!-- This file is used to register 3rd party XSLT extensions (methods you can execute from XSLT, like umbraco.library:NiceUrl) -->
    <!-- <ext assembly="assemblyName" type="assemblyName.namespace.type" alias="custom" /> -->
    <ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltCommon" alias="Exslt.ExsltCommon" />
    <ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" alias="Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" />
    <ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltMath" alias="Exslt.ExsltMath" />
    <ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" alias="Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" />
    <ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltStrings" alias="Exslt.ExsltStrings" />
    <ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltSets" alias="Exslt.ExsltSets" />
    <!-- Contour Contact Form -->
    <ext assembly="/bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core" type="Umbraco.Forms.Library" alias="umbraco.contour">

May 07, 2014 @ 22:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Ok, the issue is in the last line where you insert the reference to the Contour extension - It should look like this

<ext assembly="/bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core" type="Umbraco.Forms.Library" alias="umbraco.contour" />

Then it will work.

Cheers, Jan

May 07, 2014 @ 22:41
    Kurt Emch

Great that worked, thanks Jan. I also had to remove /bin from the assembly path, but that was an easy catch after the xml was formatted correctly. Thanks again.

May 07, 2014 @ 22:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Ah yes of course - can't remember when that change was introduced. Glad you got it working :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft