Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Bowen 12 posts 32 karma points
    May 20, 2014 @ 18:10
    Mike Bowen

Updating Contour license after domain change

Hi guys

We've got a Contour license for one our production sites, but the actual domain name is different from what is on the license - it's a .com address rather than a .co.uk address. Is there anything we can do about this, or do we need to buy a new license?

Cheers

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 20, 2014 @ 20:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

If I remember correctly you should be able to change the domain on umbraco.com when you're logged in and go to the "Manage licenses" page.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 20, 2014 @ 21:24
    Mike Bowen

Cheers Jan; yeah, unless I'm being dense, I can't see where I actually do that on the page for the Contour license - it just tells me that the license is already configured and that I'd need to buy an additional license for a new domain.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 20, 2014 @ 21:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

Aaah, sorry - Forgot that there are different licenses. The one we have at my company allow us to select "configure/add domain" without having to purchase a new license.

But if you don't need the license for the original domain entered perhaps you can kindly as HQ to change it to the correct domain.

You could try to get in touch with them here http://umbraco.com/contact/send-us-an-email.aspx

Cheers, Jan

May 20, 2014 @ 21:50
    Mike Bowen

Brill, thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft