Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 05, 2014 @ 12:47
    Nick

Contour Email Problem

Hi, 

I have recently used Umbraco to implement a new version of our company HR site.

I am using contouir as my forms package.  I would like a confirmation email to be sent to an address when the form has been submitted.  I have added the mail settings to the web.config and the umbraco config.

Yet when I submit the form, the entry is added to the backend but the email is never sent.  I have tried multiple email addresses both sender/reciever and no luck. 

Anyone able to help me out? 

Umbraco Version - 6.16 / Contour Version - 3.0.20

Server - Windows Server 2008 R2

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 05, 2014 @ 13:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nick and welcome to our :)

You should also change the e-mail setup in /config/umbracoSettings.config in the <notifications> area. This should be the sender e-mail you want to use. for instance [email protected] or something like that.

If you're still having issues after changing that then make sure to check the spam folder to see if the sent e-mail is marked as spam.

Also check the logfile in /app_data/logs and see if there are any ERROR messages related to the sending of the e-mail failing.

You can also use a tool like this http://www.virtualobjectives.com.au/utilitiesprogs/sendsmtp.htm to see figure out where the issue might be.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Nick 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 05, 2014 @ 14:07
    Nick

Hi, 

thanks for your help, I had tried each of the options and it turns out we were using the wrong sender address, I was using [email protected] when it should have been [email protected].  Thanks for pointing me to that tool as this is where I discovered I was using the incorrect address. 

Thanks again.

Nick

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 05, 2014 @ 16:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nick

Glad to hear you got it solved :) Remember to mark the post as solved so others can jump straight to the solution if they should come across the same issue.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft