Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Terris 273 posts 715 karma points
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 15:23
    Richard Terris

Pages with contour forms timing out

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a situation which is happening on a live site but not on staging. Basically, any nodes which have Contour forms inserted into them via a macro are taking a very long time to load when selected in the content tree.

One node in particular seems to be timing out when selected. Creating a test page and inserting this Contour form causes the timeout so I think there is possibly some issue with this form (no idea what it could be though).

I have recreated the setup in staging, copying the form etc and this is not happening. Also on staging, nodes with forms are not taking any longer to load than others.

Logs are showing entries: "Error returning item 'Previous'. Exception: system.ArgumentException: No key Previous exists in dictionary" and the same entries for 'Next' and 'Submit'.

Having a look around, someone had a similar issue elsewhere and it was suggested that there was a caching issue of some sort.

If anyone has any suggestions, they will be greatly received.

Jun 19, 2014 @ 16:32
    Richard Terris

Update:

I noticed the only difference between this particular Contour form and others is that this one had a checkbox list.

Removing the checkbox list from the form stops the node using the form from timing out.

All the nodes, including this, are still slow to load but now this is not timing out.

Does this help anyone?

Jun 25, 2014 @ 14:12
    Richard Terris

A community member suggested that since the form data comes from the database, SQL server issues such as high traffic or connection issues could possibly cause this problem.

We decided to look at the queries that are run when the node is selected in staging, since it's the same but works. So, we ran SQL Profiler and noticed that a number of contour tables are queried, such UFSettings and UFForms for example, however I can't see any query being run against UFPrevalues, which is the table that holds the checkbox items.

I'm not very familiar with contour or the sequence of events so I'm not sure if this normal behaviour or not.

Does anyone know if the UFPrevalues table should be queried? Or are these values cached somewhere?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft