Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Jun 25, 2014 @ 15:21
    Craig Cronin

Friendly confirmation submission id?

I'm not sure if anyone is aware but I'm trying to find out if contour can produce a friendly submission Id to the end user, so they have a reference for enquiries.

Currently I redirect them to a thank you page that shows the Record Id e.g "Reference No: 28b59f31-6153-451c-ac8d-6784a22c6f84"

But I was hoping that I might get a more friendly reference number for enquiries?

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Jul 05, 2014 @ 09:40
    keilo

I agree with Craig, as there is clearly a need for more user friendly 'submission reference number' of some sort, that can be presented to the end-user, for them to follow-up, keep as record etc. 

There are multiple use case scenarios for a friendly submission id, that can be tracked by back-end user when end-user references it.

What I came across was short guid implementation, not sure if it would be applicable as the question arise of Back-end user retrieving the ID when user communicates referencing the short id 

http://www.singular.co.nz/blog/archive/2007/12/20/shortguid-a-shorter-and-url-friendly-guid-in-c-sharp.aspx

Would be great to hear from other how they implement such use-cases.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft