Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Kottal 712 posts 4550 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 26, 2014 @ 15:54
    Søren Kottal

Sending HTML data through Contour form

I have made a form, for creating nodes through Contour.

I want to be able to send html-data to a richtext editor on the node, but Contour stops me warning about dangerous values. Is there something I can do, to let it through?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2014 @ 16:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Søren

That's probably because by default it's not possible to submit html and other code in forms when using .NET. It can be disabled but that opens up for possible exploits etc.

I think you should be able to use the HTML agility pack, which I think is already included in the /bin folder if I remember correctly. Try having a look at it here http://htmlagilitypack.codeplex.com/

Could you provide the error message just so I can be sure that the answer I provided is proper for solving the issue?

/Jan

Jun 27, 2014 @ 09:32
    Søren Kottal

Hi Jan

Thanks for your help.

I get this error message, it's in danish, but you should be able to understand it :)

Der blev konstateret en potentielt farlig værdi for Request.Form fra klienten (db791775-94f9-4fe3-9f9b-556b3bf8797a="dfgdgfgh'

fdhgf...").  
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jun 27, 2014 @ 11:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Søren

Ahh, ok - It's the error I suspected it would be. For none danes it's the "Potential dangerous request.form value was detected" - There is an old thread about it here as well http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/12859-A-potentially-dangerous-RequestForm-value-was-detected

And now you know what to search for where you will get much more useful results in order to finding a solution if the html agility pack did not solve it already? :)

/Jan

Jun 27, 2014 @ 13:24
    Søren Kottal

Changing the web.config didn't work. 

What can I do with Html Agility Pack?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft