Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dillorscroft 198 posts 192 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 15:23
    dillorscroft

Contour questions

I've got a few questions regarding Contour.

1) One of the workflow options is to send an email after submit but the email renders the fields in a seemingly random order.  Anyway to sort this?

2) When reviewing entries when a file upload is part of the form can we have a href link to the file?

3) How can I hide the label of a field ?

4) I have a dirty solution on how to save a session variable but is there a way of passing in the variable name you want to save when creating the form in the Contour form editor?  I've looked at the API's and expected Attribute.Setting to allow this but it doesnt seem to work.

I've got a decision to make in the next few hours on wether to use Contour or roll my own static web form.   Really woudl lie kto use Contour for this project especially as the form is very large. :-)   (Actually can we filter the fields shown in the Entries table as well?)

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 24, 2009 @ 15:36

Hi Matt,

1) You could create a custom workflow type where you have complete control over the email and the fields. The developer docs have a complete example of a workflow type. http://umbraco.org/products/umbraco-contour/help-and-support/developer-documentation

2) Currenlty this isn't possible, but it is on the todo.

3) You would do that with some css. We'll also make it possible to create fieldtypes that don't have labels.

4) Can you explain a bit more in detail.

• dillorscroft 198 posts 192 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 15:45
    dillorscroft

Tim,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

1) With a new workflow I guess I can email the file as well which will help. 

2) Cool

3) I thought about that just have to be careful of the ASPNET ID of the control changing.  I cant set a class on a specific field in the form can I?

4) I read the API docs and it suggests I can add settings to a type.  I took this as being able to allow the client to enter data into a textbox on the additional settings panel of a field.  I expected to be able to use these values in my FieldType.  i.e. Have a session field type that you simply enter the variable name and the field type sorts the rest out.   As a session field type this is also why I want no label as it doesnt really need to be on screen.

Submitting values in the querystring might also be useful.

Thanks

Matt

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 24, 2009 @ 15:49

1) Yes

3) No you can't set a class with the designer.

4) Yes you can add settings to a prevalue type, datasource type, export type. But not to a fieldtype. You can however pass session variables to workflows. There is some info on that in the developer documentation http://umbraco.org/products/umbraco-contour/help-and-support/developer-documentation

• Niels Kristiansen 166 posts 382 karma points
    Jul 22, 2010 @ 23:54
    Niels Kristiansen

It would be really really awesome if you could place a name on a class, for every field in the designer of Contour. At the moment I'm trying to place a selected text in a dropdown saying "Call us...", but it's not possible in the designer to have a selected text at start.

Which make me try using jQuery to get the job done, but that's not possible either, because there is no class for multiple forms on a website, only a unique id for every select. Is there any possible at all to set a class without going into the core of Contour?

/Niels

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 00:51
    Harald Ulriksen

Niels, you can create one or more custom field types based on the shared source available, this should not take much time.

On the other hand I cannot see why you cannot do this with jQuery. Using the class name of the parent div's and text of the label you should be able to target specific selects within contour forms. On the other hand, the custom field type is a much cleaner approach, but it requires some .net coding.

Cheers,
    Harald

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 11:06
    Tim

Re 1) if you're using an up to date build of contour, there's a workflow for creating an XSLT transformed email, where you have full control over the email, using XSLT to transform the form HTML however you like!

:)

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 12:59
    Ismail Mayat

Matt,

If as you mentioned in original post the form is large and you are going to do multi step you may want to take a look my little hack so have step stages eg showing all steps Step 1 Details, Step 2 Education http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/10373-Identifying-the-step-in-RecordServiceRecordPartiallySubmitted

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft