Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ianhoughton 281 posts 605 karma points c-trib
    Aug 13, 2014 @ 13:11
    ianhoughton

Cannot create new form on Umbraco V7

I'm running Umbraco V7.1.3 and have installed Contour 3.0.21. The new section and tree has appeared, but when clicking on Forms in the tree nothing happens.

As it's a legacy site updated to v7, its still running in webforms rendering mode and not MVC.

No errors in chrome console, permissions all set, license file in bin folder, any ideas ??

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 13, 2014 @ 15:02

Do the other trees work ok in the contour section? It's probabbly the create/ui.xml file that is missing the contour entries, check the manual installation instructions on how to update http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation

Aug 13, 2014 @ 15:23
    ianhoughton

None of the menu's work in the Contour section. Checked ui.xml and that has the entries as mentioned in the manual install docs. Have cleared the browser cache, deleted the clientdependancy folder, and increased the version number in clientdependency.config file.

Right clicking on Forms in the menu gives me the following error in chrome console:

No menuUrl property found on the tree node, cannot load menu - angular.min.js:63

If you click on Forms it shows the Contour dashboard page with the videos section, but the Create / Browse and Edit sections are missing.

Aug 13, 2014 @ 15:52

Hmm sounds like a core bug then since legacy trees should still work and you shouldn't get an angular error

Aug 13, 2014 @ 15:53

Could you test this on a fresh v7.1.3 install?

Aug 13, 2014 @ 16:03
    ianhoughton

Works fine on a fresh install....must be something wrong with this upgraded sites setup or files then, damn.

Aug 13, 2014 @ 16:45

Yeah must be something missed during the upgrade of the umbraco installation

Aug 13, 2014 @ 17:48
    ianhoughton

Not sure what it was but followed their lead http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/tea-commerce/tea-commerce-support/53303-TeaCommerce-Umbrace-7-install-issues and upgraded to 7.1.4 and then reinstalled Contour.

Issue fixed !!

Aug 13, 2014 @ 17:52

Sweet!

Aug 13, 2014 @ 19:10
    ianhoughton

Spoke too soon, issue has come back again on 7.1.4

• dillorscroft 198 posts 192 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 13:04
    dillorscroft

Ian,

Did you ever resolve this? I'm seeing this on a site I've inherited.

Cheers

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft