Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Fosgerau 65 posts 89 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 14:20
    Jan Fosgerau

First timer with Contour - textfield doesent have a form that contains "runat=server" ??

Hey i just installed Contour (trial) on

umbraco 4.0.2.1 - which installed without any problems, using

Vista and iis7

i then immidiatly proceeded to trying out the videos on how to make my very first Contact form

i followed the video guide to the letter

but when i try to see how it looks on my web page it returns this error. (danish)

Serverfejl i programmet '/'.

Kontrolelementet 'ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_BodyContent_RenderForm_1_rpFieldsets_ctl00_rpFields_ctl00_b8c35a1b-db33-46b1-a690-18baed2747dd' af typen 'TextBox' skal placeres i en formularkode med runat=server.

Beskrivelse: Der opstod en undtagelse, der ikke blev behandlet, under udførelse af den aktuelle webanmodning. Se staksporingen for at få yderligere oplysninger om fejlen, og hvor den kom fra i koden.

Detaljer om undtagelse: System.Web.HttpException: Kontrolelementet 'ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_BodyContent_RenderForm_1_rpFieldsets_ctl00_rpFields_ctl00_b8c35a1b-db33-46b1-a690-18baed2747dd' af typen 'TextBox' skal placeres i en formularkode med runat=server.

Stack trace is,

[HttpException (0x80004005): Kontrolelementet 'ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_BodyContent_RenderForm_1_rpFieldsets_ctl00_rpFields_ctl00_b8c35a1b-db33-46b1-a690-18baed2747dd' af typen 'TextBox' skal placeres i en formularkode med runat=server.]
    System.Web.UI.Page.VerifyRenderingInServerForm(Control control) +11033454
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox.AddAttributesToRender(HtmlTextWriter writer) +79
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +240
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +240
    umbraco.presentation.templateControls.Macro.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +219
    umbraco.presentation.masterpages._default.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +57
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +38
    umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +80
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4240

i have tried various things like Checkboxes , textfields , text areas but all return this error ?..

i am quite clueless to what is wrong here and i hope someone can assist if they have had similar problems and found a solution.

thank you for your time.

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 14:22
    Chris Koiak

You need to have a <form runat="server"> tag on your template.

Immediatedly inside you master pages <body> tag put the above tag (and close it before the </body> tag).

This should stop the error, you may want to reduce the scope of the <form> tag. Try putting it only on the templates that require Contour.

Cheers,

Chris

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 14:23
    Dirk De Grave

Hi, you need a <form runat="server"> in your template that will host the form to function properly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Jan Fosgerau 65 posts 89 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 14:31
    Jan Fosgerau

Thank you for that - im used to that <form></form> to be present automatically :D (diddent see it wasent there)

again thank you thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft